Build/AppName.buildis, as you say, used in the build process. It stores all the compiled source files before the common source file is being created. It is not removed after the build process as it is also used the next time you build to only recompile the files that are changed. You can remove it by doing
jake cleanor just remove from command line with
rmor from the FInder.
@mrcarlberg Do you know if the Jakefile syntax is sufficiently close to that of a Makefile for a make linter to be usable?
I’ve just had a modification to the standard Jakefile in a project which unintentionally introduced invalid characters. Running
jake produced very unhelpful feedback — it complained the problem was in the Cappuccino’s narwhal bootstrap.js file :-(
Perhaps I hadn’t had my morning coffee, but it took an hour for the eureka moment when I realized the problem was in the Jakefile itself.
gtavares@Gustavos-MacBook-Air Browser % ./gtktest /Users/gtavares/Developer/cappuccino/node_modules/@objj/runtime/ lib/objective-j.js:3946 throw new Error("Could not load file at " + aURL + (compilingFileUrl ? " when compiling " + compilingFileUrl : "") + "\nwith includeURLs: " + StaticResource.includeURLs()); ^ Error: Could not load file at Foundation/Foundation.j when compiling file:/Users/gtavares/Desktop/Browser/gtktest with includeURLs: /Users/gtavares/Desktop/Browser/Frameworks/,/Users/gtavares/Developer/cappuccino/dist/objective-j/Frameworks/ at completed (/Users/gtavares/Developer/cappuccino/node_modules/@objj/runtime/lib/objective-j.js:3946:31)
/Users/gtavares/Developer/cappuccino/and my $CAPP_BUILD set to
gtavares@Gustavos-MacBook-Air Browser % ./gtktest @implementation CPBundle (IsEqual) ^ ERROR line 62 in file:/Users/gtavares/Desktop/Browser/gtktest:62: Class CPBundle not found /Users/gtavares/Developer/cappuccino/node_modules/@objj/runtime/lib/objective-j.js:3702 throw "Compilation error"; ^ Compilation error (Use `node --trace-uncaught ...` to show where the exception was thrown) Node.js v17.0.1
@mucholove Returned here to a project after a month’s absence to find
nib2cib refusing to compile xibs that previously worked. Only changes to the machine are a handful of new commits to Cappuccino (including my fixes for
nib2cib), and the 12.0.1 update to Monterey.
Has your system also moved from macOS 12.0 to 12.0.1 in your downtime interval?
In my case, the problem seems to be permissions problems at the
ibtool phase — despite that command working just fine when run manually in the terminal. Don’t have time just now to sort it out though — reverted to using a trusty High Sierra installation.
includeURLsare the paths to the current working directory
/Users/gtavares/Desktop/Browser/gtktestand the current installed version of the Objective-J framework
/Users/gtavares/Developer/cappuccino/dist/objective-j/Frameworks. What is missing is the path to the current installed Cappuccino framework
/Users/gtavares/Developer/cappuccino/dist/cappuccino/Frameworks. I think this is a bug in the
@objj/runtimenode module. I will look into why this is happening.
includeURLsbut could be added manually with the environment variable
Property List error: Unexpected character N at line 1 / JSON error: JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. around line 1, column 0.
imagesizeneeds to be replaced in the node version — it is used by
nib2cibif a xib contains images.
imagesizerequired if a xib contains an image :-) For the immediate need it can be loaded programmatically, and will be in the final version. I’m wondering what else isn’t quite there, though?
imagesize- is that one of the legacy Java-native tools?
press are optional parts of the toolchain but
nib2cib isn’t — it must run using node for the full set of usage cases.
Highlights, fwiw, that we don’t have anything like the testing needed for the toolchain itself. It’s not suprising parts of it are brittle. When teaching software architecture courses in the 90s , it’s what we called ‘an opportunity for improvement’ ;-)
flattenis not yet supported in the Node version but
fontinfois native Mac OS tools and is only needed when running
nib2cibas you say. The need to convert
fontinfoto something else is not high on my list.
gtktestwritten in Objective-J. I have tested myself with a simple Objective-J tool with a shebang like this
#!/usr/bin/env objjand it does now work. The update is in the