These are chat archives for chandu0101/scalajs-react-components

18th
Feb 2019
trepidacious
@trepidacious
Feb 18 21:52
@rleibman Before I ran into that I was wondering about using the same technique I used for my material-ui facade to semantic-ui. It seemed to be working out pretty well, I got a working facade to the latest mui going, I didn't get much of a chance to try it before running into the performance issues that have put me off mui ;)
It's based on using react-docgen output to generate scala code, if the proptypes are ok in semantic-ui it might work ok. I'm a little worried that all the as='random' stuff might be hard though
Roberto Leibman
@rleibman
Feb 18 21:52
ha ha... that's what I've been looking at... but @oyvindberg didn't want to make it public quite yet.
trepidacious
@trepidacious
Feb 18 21:53
ah poop :(
I deleted, no one will know!
I think I'll try the react-docgen approach, the advantage there is it works straight from proptypes, so you don't even need a typescript file
Roberto Leibman
@rleibman
Feb 18 21:55
I think he's close to announcing anyway... if it comes out right I could see it basically replacing the current project. It needs to be a little bit more palatable and easier to convert from the current code.
Øyvind Raddum Berg
@oyvindberg
Feb 18 22:01
I'll setup a gitter channel and a roadmap for it :)
But I really want to make usage a bit better first, it's hard to make up for a bad first impression
trepidacious
@trepidacious
Feb 18 22:20
That makes sense, it's definitely needed so it would be great if it's successful :)
Sorry about my terrible opsec :)
Øyvind Raddum Berg
@oyvindberg
Feb 18 22:21
Don't worry
trepidacious
@trepidacious
Feb 18 22:22
I also need to set aside some time to have a better play with it, I read through the semantic-ui examples, I was thinking I might try to do something non-trivial to get a better impression
Øyvind Raddum Berg
@oyvindberg
Feb 18 22:22
That would be awesome
For now we have identified one big improvement I think
To generate companion objects with apply to create instances of traits, so you get more normal syntax