Where communities thrive


  • Join over 1.5M+ people
  • Join over 100K+ communities
  • Free without limits
  • Create your own community
People
Repo info
Activity
  • Aug 18 23:35

    webknjaz on master

    Drop imp deprecation warning ig… Stop using deprecated ``assert_… Ignore setuptools import warnin… (compare)

  • Aug 18 22:35

    webknjaz on master

    Stop using deprecated imp modul… (compare)

  • Aug 18 19:48
    webknjaz commented #1805
  • Aug 18 16:34
    eshellman commented #1805
  • Aug 17 22:02
    webknjaz closed #1804
  • Aug 17 22:02
    webknjaz closed #1803
  • Aug 17 22:02
    webknjaz closed #1805
  • Aug 17 22:02

    webknjaz on master

    Prioritize Python 3.7 in AppVey… Install toxenv deps in a separa… Enable durations output in pyte… and 2 more (compare)

  • Aug 17 21:59
    webknjaz edited #1805
  • Aug 17 21:59
    webknjaz edited #1805
  • Aug 17 21:59
    webknjaz edited #1805
  • Aug 17 21:58
    webknjaz edited #1805
  • Aug 17 21:58
    webknjaz edited #1805
  • Aug 17 21:57
    webknjaz edited #1805
  • Aug 17 21:57
    webknjaz edited #1805
  • Aug 16 16:13

    webknjaz on master

    Add pytest note on CPWebCase su… Add pytest note on CPWebCase su… (compare)

  • Aug 16 16:13
    webknjaz closed #1800
  • Aug 16 16:13
    webknjaz closed #1798
  • Aug 16 16:06
    stemoser synchronize #1800
  • Aug 16 16:05
    stemoser commented #1800
Joel Rivera
@cyraxjoe
same result on all of them?
bmxp
@bmxp
Yep.
Just Windows.
I've watched the headers with inspector in Opera and Chrome and they look to me identical. Except of course of the Content-Length which must be 15 Bytes longer on the indexfail with <!DOCTYPE html>
Right now I'd be glad if someone could confirm my findings on Windows.
It's soo strange.
Joel Rivera
@cyraxjoe
but from the server side, both requests are served as expected? 200 code?
bmxp
@bmxp
image.png
Tried from two windows (Edge this time) and requested both pages two times...
Joel Rivera
@cyraxjoe
do a "hard refresh" in the failindex, Ctrl+F5 just to make sure...
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Tried another Win machine? Different Win version?
Does DevTools->Networking have the requests to CSS logged? Are the payloads the same?
Firewall/Sniffer/Anti-virus changing the HTTP payload on the way?
bmxp
@bmxp
@cyraxjoe on indexfail I made a Atrl+F5: See the result:
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Browser extensions? Incognito mode?
bmxp
@bmxp
image.png
Joel Rivera
@cyraxjoe
how does the stylesheet looks in the browser? http://127.0.0.1:8080/static/css/style.css as expected?
bmxp
@bmxp
No browser extensions, normally I am not using Edge anyway. But since I got the same results in Opera, Chrome, Firefox and now Brave I think it is not Browser related.
Yes, the stylesheet is looking as expected.
Joel Rivera
@cyraxjoe
so mysterious ...
bmxp
@bmxp
Indeed. I am running out of options and ideas.
I thought I must find somewhere a difference what was served to be this the reason of failure but I can't spot it.
Joel Rivera
@cyraxjoe
it does seems like if something was intercepting the traffic... what if you server the "indexfail.html" from / instead of the other url
bmxp
@bmxp
I did rename both html files to name after the other. The result was exchanged then, too.
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Also you could record the HTTP traffic on that port with Wireshark and share with us. Also we could compare that with recordings from Linux
bmxp
@bmxp
@webknjaz I did not try it on another windows running machine.
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Screenshots of DevTools could also be helpful...
bmxp
@bmxp
I am willing to catch this beast but I have no idea about how to use Wireshark. DevTools of Chrome?
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Oh, and if possible try running the server under Linux and opening web pages from the windows machine. And vice versa.
bmxp
@bmxp
I've tried to do that but since cherrypy only serves on localhost, I did not succeed. I could change it somehow but I wanted to keep the piece of code as small as possible.
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Wireshark is intuitive I think
bmxp
@bmxp
Anyone of you has a Windows 10 machine in reach to test the files from the gist https://gist.github.com/bmxp/f0f4ebe52019d2d239ab0abe8f5e4867 ?
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Oh, if you open DevTools on one of the pages and edit that doctype tag on the page - will it change the appearance?
I don't have windows :(
One of the guesses is that HTML5 has slightly different processing of tags..
Joel Rivera
@cyraxjoe
just tried on a Windows10/latest cherrypy/python 3.7 and everything works as expected
bmxp
@bmxp
The <!DOCTYPE html> is grayed out, I can not change it
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Use this syntax <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="theme.css">
I think you're missing HTML5-mandatory attributes
bmxp
@bmxp
Not sure about that according to http://diveintohtml5.info/semantics.html
I changed it but no effect on indexfail.
I got Python 3.6.8 here.
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Just add type there
Just in case
Also, I think HTML5 removed the need for closing tags with />
bmxp
@bmxp
I will stop this for tonight and check this on another computer tomorrow at my company. Will let you know the results tomorrow and check into Wireshark, too. Thanks for your help! gn8
Joel Rivera
@cyraxjoe
:wave: good luck :four_leaf_clover:
Sviatoslav Sydorenko
@webknjaz
Another thought: try serving the same files using python3 -m http.server. This will eliminate CherryPy factor
bmxp
@bmxp
Checked this on two other computers with different Python version so far and that's working.
I now try to exchange the Python version I have on one computer with the same version as on the one where I got the trouble with. If the problem then is the same I blame it on Python version if not, I will have to accept that something is on my computer that mixes it up internally. Will keep you up to date ...