These are chat archives for cltk/cltk_api

Dec 2015
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 06:32
Any thoughts on where the converter for Scansion information to HTML might go?
(which repo it might fit into)
need to span syllables to display scansion info
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 16:53
Should a chunk correspond to its own unit of text? (e.g. <p>?)
Kyle P. Johnson
@kylepjohnson
Dec 05 2015 17:57
Hey Luke! Thoughts about scansion info: How long will this take to run on the entire corpus? If fast, then we can do it dynamically each time the corpus is loaded. If slow, then I am good with adding it to its respective Perseus dir. (Note: the JSON cleaned up JSON that I am adding to the cltk_api repo will soon be moved into either the greek or latin Perseus dir. But don't worry, I will take care of this.)
That's a good question about chunking. For book-line, this is easy: each line will always be wrapped in a <p> tag. For book-chapter-section and book-chapter, I believe we will be following Perseus's website to wrap chapters in <p> tags. In addition to this, I retained newline markup \n when it occurs w/in a chapter (ie, this can happen for a very long chapter that some editor decided to break into two to improve reading.)
Kyle P. Johnson
@kylepjohnson
Dec 05 2015 18:06
Am I understanding your right on this? If so, sound reasonable?
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 18:16
Ahhh, yes that makes a lot of sense! Thanks!
Re: scansion, once we have the scansion information from Tyler's work, we could try running it dynamically if you think it'd be easier!
I think it'd be time consuming enough that at some point we would want to save the result in mongo somehow
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 19:11
Oh, hey, are you thinking we should snag a domain or use a subdomain of cltk?
either's totally fine with me
(just udpating the domains on our fonts--don't need to know right away)
cltk.org and *.cltk.org can now use the following fonts by linking this: <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://fast.fonts.net/cssapi/6136222a-0003-4a3f-a34f-e3ed83632dd3.css"/>
font-family:'Proxima N W01 Thin Reg';
font-family:'Proxima N W01 Light';
font-family:'Proxima N W01 Xbold';
font-family:'Proxima N W01 Black';
font-family:'Museo Sans W03_100';
font-family:'Proxima Nova A W07 Thin';
font-family:'ProximaNW01-AltThinReg';
Kyle P. Johnson
@kylepjohnson
Dec 05 2015 20:25
Low does api.cltk.org sound? I can set this up later today
How* does
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 21:33
Sounds great! What are your thoughts for a domain/subdomain for the frontend meteor app?
Kyle P. Johnson
@kylepjohnson
Dec 05 2015 22:09
Even better question! app.cltk.org ? I want to hear your ideas!
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 22:15
Yeah sounds good
I'm all for it
Kyle P. Johnson
@kylepjohnson
Dec 05 2015 22:17
Rad. In due time my hope is that the cltk.org landing page will be your app :)
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 22:20
Oh okay wow that sounds great
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 22:31
I'm hoping to have something to standup tonight--would it be alright to put it up on the digital ocean server?
can put it behind basic auth if that'd be better for now!
Kyle P. Johnson
@kylepjohnson
Dec 05 2015 22:36
Wow that's so c
... Exciting. I don't think we need auth, but your choice. Sure put it on the same server for now. I will research how we might serve these later
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 22:38
awesome--will do--I think we just need mongo and node 10.40
Luke Hollis
@lukehollis
Dec 05 2015 22:44
uggg all the art for "classics" is classic cars!
Kyle P. Johnson