These are chat archives for coala/coala-bears

2nd
May 2018
John Vandenberg
@jayvdb
May 02 2018 01:39
@RaiVaibhav , I didnt see an issue created about it
Vaibhav Rai
@RaiVaibhav
May 02 2018 03:45
Oh sorry forgot completely
John Vandenberg
@jayvdb
May 02 2018 03:46
:)
John Vandenberg
@jayvdb
May 02 2018 10:50
@manankalra , please rebase your local branch before pushing again
(no need to push now)
Manan Kalra
@manankalra
May 02 2018 10:51
:+1:
John Vandenberg
@jayvdb
May 02 2018 10:51
using an old branch point is causing old fixed DockerfileLintBear problems to be in your logs
Manan Kalra
@manankalra
May 02 2018 10:52
yeah, I saw that; will take care in future
John Vandenberg
@jayvdb
May 02 2018 11:03
Hmmm .. interesting.
I can only suspect the problem is caused by different version of coalib on ci
John Vandenberg
@jayvdb
May 02 2018 11:13
@manankalra , try disabling a different go linter
One we dont support by an existing bear.
Manan Kalra
@manankalra
May 02 2018 11:42

@jayvdb

try disabling a different go linter
One we dont support by an existing bear.

How will this help?

If you're talking about the failing test_disable test, I disabled gotype in it beacuse the test file just returns errors from that linter. The result list in the ci logs still contains those results from gotype, as if the disable=True setting was never used.

However, I cannot know if they're from gotype as many linters can return duplicate results. This can be checked by tweaking the regex to include <additional-info> with <message>.
John Vandenberg
@jayvdb
May 02 2018 11:48
Create a test file with errors a different linter emits
Im wondering if there is something strange happening with gotype
It is a hacky approach to debugging CI
Or remove the disable/enable settings so we can merge, and then add disable settings in another pr