These are chat archives for collectiveaccess/support

Apr 2016
jessica-s
@jessica-s
Apr 19 2016 02:04
Thanks @juliaweist - when you removed it from those other configurations, what did most people go with in the end? Yes long term loans are more like acquisitions, so perhaps it's just about renaming that Lot so we don't get too confused. Hmm, will have a think of what will work best for our workflow. Appreciate your help.
Kehan Harman
@kehh
Apr 19 2016 02:16
I'm looking at loading a whole bunch of media using the media importer. Once the derivatives are generated is there any way to re-use them on a separate instance rather than going through the processing again?
Stefan
@stefankeidel
Apr 19 2016 10:58
@kehh Not really, unless the second system is an exact copy, to the point where you can just take the ca_object_representations table and copy it over
I've been working on a data sync/replication feature in the dev/sync branch that would help with that, but I got side tracked by other stuff over the last 2 weeks. It's going to be a while till that's ready
Kehan Harman
@kehh
Apr 19 2016 10:59
thanks @stefankeidel
Julia
@juliaweist
Apr 19 2016 12:54
Hi @jessica-s. For those cases where I removed it I left the Loan table, but removed long-term loan from Lots.
I think simply renaming that Lot type to avoid confusion is the best solution
John Mark Hawley
@jmhnilbog
Apr 19 2016 14:53

I am really struggling to do easy things with data importing while following directions and feedback from the chat room. What I want to do is simple, and the defaults as explained in the documentation should allow it to work. Yet it does not. I have a fresh install using the Luther College Fine Arts Collection install profile. In my data, column 7 holds the name of the object's artist. I have a row in my mapping like so (column names are as the sample mapping file): Rule Type is "Mapping". Source is "7". CA table.element is "ca_entities". Refinery is "entitySplitter". Refinery parameters is "{ "entityType": "artist", "relationshipType": "creator" }".

As far as I can tell, this should create or match a new entity with the name given in column 7 of my data and set up a relationship between the object and entity that the entity created it. However, no such entity is created and no relationships are present in the object after the import. Please give me a hint. The artist and creator types are part of the Luther College Fine Arts Collection profile, so I assume I don't have errors in those definitions.

Julia
@juliaweist
Apr 19 2016 16:04
Hi @jmhnilbog the log should tell you what the problem is. What does the log say?
Are you sure that "artist" is a valid list item code in the list entity_types?
John Mark Hawley
@jmhnilbog
Apr 19 2016 16:05
Nothing at all. Not on the data import page with log level set to "debugging" and not on "manage -> logs". There's nothing there.
Yes, entity_types includes appraiser, artist, donor, org, and other.
Julia
@juliaweist
Apr 19 2016 16:06
Take a look at the log on your server. It'll be located at /providence/app/log
Manage > Logs is something different (system logs)
John Mark Hawley
@jmhnilbog
Apr 19 2016 16:22
I see warnings that "[entitySplitter] No entity type is set for entitity (entity name)" and "[entitySplitterRefinery] No relationship type is set for entity (entity name)" One error that "Could not insert entity (entity name): Type must be specified"
John Mark Hawley
@jmhnilbog
Apr 19 2016 16:31
Since artist IS an entity type, and it's right there in the mapping, I don't have a clue what is wrong.
Julia
@juliaweist
Apr 19 2016 16:31
Can you send the profile (if you made any modifications), the data and the mapping to support@collectiveaccess.org?
John Mark Hawley
@jmhnilbog
Apr 19 2016 16:32
will do.
Julia
@juliaweist
Apr 19 2016 16:38
You have curly quotes in your entitySplitter (“ vs "). Curly quotes are invalid for JSON so the entitySplitter isn't read and it can't find the type
If you switch to " it should work
It's a good idea to validate your JSON before running any mapping
John Mark Hawley
@jmhnilbog
Apr 19 2016 16:38
Ahh, great, the wonders of LibreOffice.
Julia
@juliaweist
Apr 19 2016 16:38
legacyartiste
@legacyartiste
Apr 19 2016 16:47
i am in pawtucket . here is my current situation on a request for siteFeaturd slideshow. this is the request header. GET /js/DV/plain-datauri.css HTTP/1.1
Host: cataloguer.robertbutler.us
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
Accept: text/css,/;q=0.1

<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /js/DV/plain-datauri.css was not found on this server.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at cataloguer.robertbutler.us Port 80</address>
</body></html>

the file plain-dataurl.css exists in my application directory
CollectiveAccess
@collectiveaccess
Apr 19 2016 17:14
Well the server's not finding it?
legacyartiste
@legacyartiste
Apr 19 2016 17:18
found the problem. typo in domain reference. , should have been a .
legacyartiste
@legacyartiste
Apr 19 2016 17:26
any suggestions on adjusting the slideshow effect and timing
legacyartiste
@legacyartiste
Apr 19 2016 22:11
hello , im working in pawtucket and would like to enable the option requiring registration in the app.