These are chat archives for collectiveaccess/support

Oct 2016
yelto
@yelto
Oct 25 2016 13:00
Hello, how much of the search syntax http://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Search_Syntax applies to Quick Search (top-right search box on most pages)? Is it legit to quick-search for attributes from there (as we do from basic search), as in ca_entity_labels.surname:smith for instance? The output we get is weird, not as if the search string had been interpreted as normal text, it just seems to punt, no results, no sections, nothing. OTOH, it does seem to take access_points, which is surprising. (Providence master-fix and develop). Thx!
Lucy Saikhan
@lucybbs
Oct 25 2016 14:49
Hi, all
Hi, all I have a little question concerning with mapping, when you mapping do you have to include all the elements in the matadata elements? no matter skipping, mapping do you have to include all from top to the bottom? Thank you so much.
Mike Benowitz
@mwbenowitz
Oct 25 2016 15:50
@lucybbs Are you asking if you have to list all of the elements in the mapping spreadsheet? If so, yes, it is a good idea to list all of the columns in your mapping and set them to "SKIP" if you don't want to import them. It is more organized this way and makes it easier to tweak the mapping in the future.
Lucy Saikhan
@lucybbs
Oct 25 2016 16:44
Thank you, I mean what if they are not in the same table, should you still list them? or if they have object table incommon and also contained in other table?
sterlingjenson
@sterlingjenson
Oct 25 2016 16:56
No you don't need to include all of the elements in either your source data files or in CollectiveAccess when you create a mapping.
Lucy Saikhan
@lucybbs
Oct 25 2016 17:08
Good to know, so I only need to write down those element that I created in collectiveaccess? THX
sterlingjenson
@sterlingjenson
Oct 25 2016 17:09
Now. I am wondering if I missunderstood the question
After rereading the question, I think that Mike Benowitz had a better response than I do.
Lucy Saikhan
@lucybbs
Oct 25 2016 17:16
I am confuse, I mean all the element displayed under the metadata elements.
sterlingjenson
@sterlingjenson
Oct 25 2016 17:27
Can you give us an example? What I thought you were asking was somethinig like if your organization never recorded emails of donors, can you not have a mapping to that metadata element. Is that along the lines of what you were thinking of?
Lucy Saikhan
@lucybbs
Oct 25 2016 17:46
So when I am mapping, I lined all element that I created in collective access that listed under the Manage->Admistration->Metadata Element where you have all the list of elements. And at the bottom of the list, the elements that I created, for example video_game_summary, video_game_theme, video_game_title and etc. I didn't use the default elements in collective access. So, when I am mapping, should I include the other elements in the metadata element like address, color type which were default element as I understand. Is it right way of mapping ??
sterlingjenson
@sterlingjenson
Oct 25 2016 18:01
Fortunately, you do not have to include all of the information that you don't need.
In other words, the database cell will just be blank if you don't include it.
yelto
@yelto
Oct 25 2016 18:18
@yelto Ok, I am answering my own query by unanimously calling the quick-search behavior on non-access-point attribute-specific search terms a bug. See http://clangers.collectiveaccess.org/jira/browse/PROV-1894 for the gory details.
Lucy Saikhan