These are chat archives for debezium/dev

22nd
May 2019
Jiri Pechanec
@jpechane
May 22 2019 06:21 UTC
@avrono Could you please disable the offending SMT and post an example of the message that comes out of debezium? Are you able to debug the Kafka COnnect, put the breakpoint at the SMT and extract what the message looked like before the exception is thrown?
Bitros Wong
@ktlb
May 22 2019 06:23 UTC
Caused by: oracle.streams.StreamsException: ORA-21560: argument last_position is null, invalid, or out of range
    at oracle.streams.XStreamOut.XStreamOutAttachNative(Native Method)
    at oracle.streams.XStreamOut.attachInternal(XStreamOut.java:373)
    at oracle.streams.XStreamOut.attach(XStreamOut.java:343)
    at io.debezium.connector.oracle.OracleStreamingChangeEventSource.execute(OracleStreamingChangeEventSource.java:63)
    ... 6 more
How can i deal with this
Jiri Pechanec
@jpechane
May 22 2019 06:31 UTC
@ktlb Hi, could you please check time on the Oracle server and Debezium server and compare them?
Bitros Wong
@ktlb
May 22 2019 06:41 UTC
I have check it, They are both in the same server
@jpechane
Jiri Pechanec
@jpechane
May 22 2019 06:45 UTC
@ktlb Could you please enable TRACE level logging so we can take a look on what's going on?
Bitros Wong
@ktlb
May 22 2019 06:46 UTC
OK. it'll take minutes
@jpechane it
it's a long log ,can i send it by email
Jiri Pechanec
@jpechane
May 22 2019 06:49 UTC
@ktlb PLease compress it and send to jpechane@redhat.com
Bitros Wong
@ktlb
May 22 2019 06:52 UTC
@jpechane Sent.Please check the mail box
Jiri Pechanec
@jpechane
May 22 2019 06:58 UTC
@ktlb Got it
Jiri Pechanec
@jpechane
May 22 2019 07:12 UTC
@ktlb I must admit I do not see anything in the log :-(. Is not something available in Oracle log?
Bitros Wong
@ktlb
May 22 2019 07:14 UTC
I set up by the tutorial. Which oracle log cant i show you
Jiri Pechanec
@jpechane
May 22 2019 07:14 UTC
@ktlb So it is completely done following our tutorial instructions including the test database?
Bitros Wong
@ktlb
May 22 2019 07:17 UTC
Yes . And i debug kafka connect. It's about convertScnToPosition(offsetContext.getScn()) may be scn is less or more . But i don't know how to solve it
Jiri Pechanec
@jpechane
May 22 2019 07:19 UTC
@ktlb Could you create the connector under a new name?
Bitros Wong
@ktlb
May 22 2019 07:21 UTC
No. It still happened
Bitros Wong
@ktlb
May 22 2019 07:41 UTC
I will try to reinstall my environment T_T. Thank you for reponse @jpechane . Have a nice day
Jiri Pechanec
@jpechane
May 22 2019 08:56 UTC
@ktlb I hope the reinstall will help. We've tested it on Linux and MacOS X and worked for us
Avron Olshewsky
@avrono
May 22 2019 10:33 UTC
@jpechane will see what I can do . Seems like it may be an issue with SSL and connecting to our Schema Registry, I can run the connector locally without error
we have other sink connectors running fine, so rather strange
Avron Olshewsky
@avrono
May 22 2019 14:49 UTC
Philosophical question: what is the standard approach to deploying these connectors to production. Our DevOps has a concern that we have System and DB passwords hard coded into the configurations. Any pointers ?
especially AWS RDS Master passwords etc
Chris Cranford
@Naros
May 22 2019 15:20 UTC
@jpechane @gunnarmorling I have been using the Debezium tuturial (https://debezium.io/docs/tutorial/#starting_simple_with_debezium) to attempt to reproduce https://issues.jboss.org/browse/DBZ-1202 by starting the connector then immediately reconfiguring it while its starting up, but I haven't been able to see in the logs anywhere it says Graceful stop of task ... failed. [org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.Worker]. Perhaps I'm going about this incorrectly?
Chris Cranford
@Naros
May 22 2019 15:39 UTC
@jpechane @gunnarmorling Looks like setting SHUTDOWN_TIMEOUT=1 and then creating the connector immediately followed by reconfiguring it produced:
2019-05-22 15:37:53,996 ERROR || Graceful stop of task inventory-connector-0 failed. [org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.Worker]
That doesn't mean the JMX bean wasn't properly dealt with though, so I'll keep digging.
Nathan (Dae Hyun) Nam
@NathanNam
May 22 2019 22:04 UTC
@jpechane Thanks for your response.