These are chat archives for deployd/contributors

Feb 2015
Hey there! I'm so sorry for being mute the past few days, I actually had the gitter app running but I somehow got logged into another git account of mine and thus I missed all the notifications :-/ gitter could've just sent me an email.
So going over your messages one by one: deployd/deployd#494 is ready to be rebased, from my perspective. I did merge @andreialecu's PR just now (again, great PR!) and everything looks good to me.
@NicolasRitouet in fact my company is from Berlin and I'm there ~1 week/month. I've been in Berlin just last week, so it'll be mid to end of feb until I'm there again. I'd love to meet you at some point! :)
Nicolas Ritouet
@NicolasRitouet
Feb 04 2015 10:40
Would be nice, I'm currently on vacation in Czech Republic
But I'll be back next week
Uh, nice! Hopefully you're covered in snow right now? :)
@andreialecu any thoughts on deployd/deployd#506? Would you think that it makes sense to have unit-tests in extension that are not just running the extensions in a sandbox (i.e. without deploy actually running)?
Andrei Alecu
@andreialecu
Feb 04 2015 13:00
looking at it now
How can you still be away in gitter? I don't get this chat :P
Andrei Alecu
@andreialecu
Feb 04 2015 13:02
I see myself as green now
I have gitter open in a tab, I guess it's turning yellow on inactivity
indeed - but you weren't when the message popped up. Maybe they refresh statuses not in the same way as messages
Andrei Alecu
@andreialecu
Feb 04 2015 13:02
but I have a gitter app on my iphone too, so I get notifications there
as well
so if I get this straight, you have deployd apps with these extensions that you want to test?
even though they're simple apps designed just for testing like test-app is
uhm, no, I'd like to test just the extension working in the latest version of deployd
we had an issue with dpd-passport where it'd break with the latest deployd. That's something a test on dpd-passport alone would never find
so I'd like to extend the test-app with an extension + some tests
Nicolas Ritouet
@NicolasRitouet
Feb 04 2015 13:06
@0ff, do you already have a solution in mind?
unfortunately not really. maybe using the new runtests.js and allowing it to "include" extensions + tests from another directory?
Andrei Alecu
@andreialecu
Feb 04 2015 13:07
thing is
I already had this working before having to undo it and make runtests.js :)
with the execute flag of the dpd cli
yeah that's what I guessed when referencing your PR :)
but to be honest I can see both your points being true on their own
Andrei Alecu
@andreialecu
Feb 04 2015 13:08
well i wish you would support me before
because I think that was the DRYer approach
well I think if we can make a valid point in that it's needed, I'm with you and so will the team. I think I'll take a moment to review your PR at the stage the CLI-changes were in and see if I can come up with something.
I just wanted to get some basic feedback if I'm missing something totally obvious which would already allow for such a test to work
Andrei Alecu
@andreialecu
Feb 04 2015 13:20
the simple approach would be to just modify test-app
and add your tests there
if you install deployd globally I think you don't need to include it in node_modules
hm, but I don't want that, instead I'd like to be able to just extend it, because maybe my extension breaks some other things already tested before. I'd like it to be as least invasive as possible
Andrei Alecu
@andreialecu
Feb 04 2015 13:28
the integration tests would still run since you'd be adding to them
but the unit tests won't include the extension
is that what you mean?
Nicolas Ritouet
@NicolasRitouet
Feb 04 2015 13:28
@andreialecu , we can change from runtest to changing the CLI, but not the other way around
one we add something to the CLI, we can’t change it
if there’s more people and reason to add the param to the CLI, and we’re sure there’s no better solution, then I’m ok with this
Eric Fong
@ericfong
Feb 04 2015 13:41
Hey, for deployd/deployd#501, keep using 'n' ? I suggest 'count' for more meaningful response
Andrei Alecu