These are chat archives for dereneaton/ipyrad

Mar 2016
Mar 06 2016 00:03
aha
I'm gonna run a quick svdquartet example in the workshop
it's working well enough
I'm probably going to add dendropy as a dependency to ipyrad.analysis eventually so we can do fancier things with trees. Either that or ete2, but I think dendropy is a bit more lightweight.
Mar 06 2016 00:08
sweet, sounds good.
How was the stacks talk?
Mar 06 2016 00:14
his workshop is waaaaay more formal than mine
Mar 06 2016 00:15
Formal is boring.
Mar 06 2016 00:15
I'm just gonna walk them through the docs, run through the tutorials with them, and then set them loose on a test data set.
and tease them a bunch with the new features that aren't ready yet, lol.
Mar 06 2016 00:15
That's how you do it. Nobody learns by having some schmo jabber at you all day, you learn by doing.
Lol, nice.
Mar 06 2016 00:16
yeah. I'm going to teach them some basic fun stuff too. Like how to use conda and jupyter notebooks
I think the server administrator here is annoyed that I want them all to install their own miniconda
he's adamant about loading a system wide ipyrad, even though I keep telling him that I don't want that, users should have their own sandboxed modules. It doesn't take that much space.
he's trying to install ipyrad and dependencies from source.
and I'm just like, good luck.
Mar 06 2016 00:18
lol, glhf
Mar 06 2016 00:18
he's seems pro, though. He might get it working.
I'll probably just have them run it locally on 4 cores instead of on the server for simplicity.
btw, is it easy to add 'dendropy' from the channel 'biopython' to our conda.recipe?
or should we host it to our own channel?
Mar 06 2016 00:22
probably better to add from their channel so we don't have to deal with versioning, i'll look into it.
Mar 06 2016 00:23
ok
I'm finally filling in the parameter explanations to the docs.
Mar 06 2016 00:28
been putting it off cuz it's boring.
Mar 06 2016 00:29
lol, yeah, boring but important.
refseq mapping for pair data has been fsck for a while, i'm fixing it
Mar 06 2016 01:04
yeah, I'm not expecting that to be ready tomorrow. That sounds like a hard problem
I had to make this change to make refseq work on the latest pull (10 seconds ago):
            out.write("".join(seqs))
            out.write("//\n//\n")
flipped it around so //\n//\n comes after the seqs
otherwise I get an error
but maybe that is causing a problem...
Mar 06 2016 01:06
What does it do if the //'s are before the seqs?
Mar 06 2016 01:06
 --------------------------------------------------
  ipyrad [v.0.1.73]
  Interactive assembly and analysis of RADseq data
 --------------------------------------------------
  New Assembly: cli
  ipyparallel setup: Local connection to 4 Engines

Step1: Demultiplexing fastq data to Samples
    Saving Assembly.
  Step2: Filtering reads
    Saving Assembly.
  Step3: Clustering/Mapping reads
    Reference sequence index exists
[Engine Exception]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------IndexError                                Traceback (most recent call last)<string> in <module>()
/home/deren/Documents/ipyrad/ipyrad/assemble/cluster_within.pyc in muscle_align(args)
    149         if len(names) <= 1:
    150             if names:
--> 151                 stack = [names[0]+"\n"+seqs[0]]
    152         else:
    153             ## split seqs if paired end seqs
IndexError: list index out of range

None
    Saving Assembly.
  Step4: Joint estimation of error rate and heterozygosity
    Saving Assembly.
ipyrad error -
    No Samples ready for joint estimation. First run step3().
>1A_0_2813_r1;size=19;*
TGCAGACTGTGACCGGATATGTTGGGGATTTAAAGAGATACGCGCCAAGACGGTGAGGAGGCGAACACCGTTGTACGTCTGGACATTGTTCGGG
>1A_0_2816_r1;size=1;+
TGCAGACTGTGACCGGATATGTTGGGGATTTAAAGAGATACGCGCCAAGTCGGTGAGGAGGCGAACACCGTTGTACGTCTGGACATTGTTCGGG
>1A_0_6303_r1;size=20;*
TGCAGAAAAAGCGCGGAGAACTATGGTCACACCTAATTCAAACCTCAGCCAAGCATGCGGTTCGGGATCAGTCAAATACTGTGTTCCTAGAATT
>1A_0_6320_r1;size=1;+
TGCAGAAAAAGCGCGGAGAACTATGGTCAGACCTAATTCAAACCTCAGCCAAGCATGCGGTTCGGGATCAGTCAAATACTGTGTTCCTAGAATT
>1A_0_2197_r1;size=18;*
TGCAGTCTGCGCCCGGGATGGATAACTTCCCTCAGTGCCGTAGACCAATAAAATGTTCACCGTCTGTGCGACAAATGATCGCCAGGCTCACAGC
>1A_0_4543_r1;size=12;+
TGCAGTCCTACCATGAATGGAGTTTCTTCCTAGTTCAACATCCCCGTAATGTAATTGTAGGTGTCGAGCTTCACATGCGACCAGTAAGGAACAT
>1A_0_4547_r1;size=1;+
TGCAGTCCTACCATGAATGGAGTTTCTTCCCAGTTCAACATCCCCGTAATGTAATTGTAGGTGTCGAGCTTCACATGCGACCAGTAAGGAACAT
that's the top of clust.gz when // comes first. The third cluster down is bad, too.
Mar 06 2016 01:15
huh, i guess you're right, must have thought it fixed stuff earlier when i was messing with the messy sim genome, good catch.
i pushed the fix (had a couple other PE fixes in refmap as well).
Mar 06 2016 01:21
Going off line for about an hour, i'll check back in in a bit...
Mar 06 2016 03:11
i'm back if you need anything
Mar 06 2016 03:43
Thanks, I'm out for dinner and drinks so probably won't have much more chance to make changes tonight. Thanks for crunching it today. If you want to add any more to the docs or the -i info that would help.
Mar 06 2016 15:24
If you're able to push v.0.1.74 to anaconda for mac in the next hour that would be great. Otherwise I can try to do it here when I get to the mac lab.
Mar 06 2016 16:38
done
good luck today! Let me know if there's anything i can do to help.
Mar 06 2016 17:03
Awesome
It's working
Mar 06 2016 17:19
:clap:
Mar 06 2016 18:16
ugh, look at rtd. 10 failed build in a row. The site is down I htink
and it won't load the changes I made last night.
so we're having a tiny hiccup, but things are going pretty well.
Mar 06 2016 18:23
I'll check it out
Mar 06 2016 18:24
it's a server error, I don't think its our fault
Mar 06 2016 18:36
rtfd/readthedocs.org#2002 <- yeh server side :thumbsdown:
Mar 06 2016 19:57
The workshop rocked.
Mar 06 2016 23:46
that great! psyched it went well. Did you get any good/useful feedback?