These are chat archives for dgraph-io/dgraph

May 2016
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 00:10
So, here's my quick experiment with storing vpcs and security groups in dgraph. I'm sure it will evolve over time. https://github.com/dan-compton/dgraph/tree/aws/aws
Manish R Jain
@manishrjain
May 16 2016 00:11
Hey @dan-compton, Thanks for sharing the details. Just catching up.
Manish R Jain
@manishrjain
May 16 2016 00:17
Interesting. Couple of pointers. You can now use our new Go client library, which can potentially help with the interaction with DGraph servers.
Though fair warning, it's only slated for release in v0.3 and that hasn't happened yet.
Not sure how sensitive the data is. But, if you share your mutations and queries, I can give you better ideas about data structuring.
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 01:28

Excellent, I'll check it out.

Manish R Jain
@manishrjain
May 16 2016 01:28
:thumbsup:
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 01:29

Not sure how sensitive the data is.

So, customer data at large would be extremely sensitive, but it all shares a common format (just the types from the aws-sdk-go). I can grab data from my aws environment and link you to some samples

Manish R Jain
@manishrjain
May 16 2016 01:30
Sure, would be great. Typically we use our discuss.dgraph.io for more structured discussions like these. So, I'd suggest adding it there.
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 01:32
will do
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 01:44

Oh, were you referring to the go grpc client? If so, I attempted to use the grpc client earlier w/ dgraph:latest and had some issues.

INFO[0012] Serving request from serveRequests            package=worker
INFO[0012] rpc: server cannot decode request: Expected: 841961556. Got: 30
  method=serveRequests package=worker
INFO[0555] Serving request from serveRequests            package=worker
INFO[0557] rpc: server cannot decode request: Expected: 841961556. Got: 472
  method=serveRequests package=worker

The query was a valid mutation. I suppose this would make sense if :latest docker image is not up to date with the github master branch. I switched to http b/c I wasn't sure if it was supported yet. I'll try again and move the discussion to discuss

Manish R Jain
@manishrjain
May 16 2016 01:45
I think the client is new, but the server binary you're using is probably old
You'll have to build the server from HEAD, which means you'll have to install RocksDB on your server.
hmm.. might be more trouble than worth. It's up to you.
@dan-compton ^
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 02:07
Oh, I've already done all of that
Manish R Jain
@manishrjain
May 16 2016 02:07
hmm... Can you please file a bug? We'll have @pawanrawal investigate this.
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 02:07
yeah, np
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 02:08
Just pushed a commit an update with the code I'm using. hitting :8081 panics and hitting :12345 yields the error above
I'll add the issue in a bit. Thanks for the responses!
Manish R Jain
@manishrjain
May 16 2016 02:09
12345 won't work, it's for internal communication.
8081 is the right port for this.
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 02:09
ok cool, then I'll include the panic in the issue
Manish R Jain
@manishrjain
May 16 2016 02:09
Will be awesome!
Daniel Compton
@dan-compton
May 16 2016 02:10
And I'll read more code so I at least know what's going on :)