These are chat archives for dry-rb/chat

3rd
May 2016
Tim Riley
@timriley
May 03 2016 00:00
Thanks! I’m hopefully building up to more useful things, too.
Hunter Madison
@hmadison
May 03 2016 00:01
Yeah i've been finding your writings as a good way to get the concepts across to friends / coworkers
Don Morrison
@elskwid
May 03 2016 00:01
Same here.
panigrah
@panigrah
May 03 2016 01:02
@timriley what is a good example of a complete web-app using the dry-rb gems including rom, that is available on github. I am finding it difficult to follow some of these constructs and concepts - and an example app will make it easier for me to understand how to use these libraries better.
Tim Riley
@timriley
May 03 2016 01:03
@panigrah we’re building https://github.com/icelab/alpinist and https://github.com/icelab/berg, but both are heavy works-in-progress at the moment
berg will be our new company website, and it’s being worked on right now, so at least it’s relatively current
alpinist I haven’t touched since december, so it’s a little out of date
I’ll be blogging about these once they’ve sort of stabilised a little
But you’re certainly welcome to poke around the code :)
Laura Williams
@lauraannwilliams
May 03 2016 02:50
Thanks for the clarification
Tim Riley
@timriley
May 03 2016 03:28
@lauraannwilliams there’s also https://github.com/solnic/rodakase-blog, which is sadly a bit old too
we’re working on making this stuff better in the next couple of months :)
Daniel Sandbecker
@daniels
May 03 2016 06:43
@timriley A little bit late for feedback, but to me it would be really helpful to see exactly what goes in each of the auto registered files. It's still unclear to me, after reading both your (otherwise great) article and the documentation for dry-component, if these should simply be the class definitions or contain some sort of object initialization. E.g. for a logger, how would you specify the output IO for the log instance if all the auto registered file contained was the class? Are each of the components expected to auto-import all of their dependencies as well?
Tim Riley
@timriley
May 03 2016 09:06
@daniels they should just be class definitions, and any class can auto-inject whatever it needs. But I take your point! I should definitely revisit this topic and step through some actual working app code. It's on the list :)
panigrah
@panigrah
May 03 2016 13:36
@timriley i installed icelab/berg, got to the "hello" page then I am lost! Where can I read up more on what next?
Andy Holland
@AMHOL
May 03 2016 13:42
@panigrah try /admin
Also, the admin-posts will probably be better
Andy Holland
@AMHOL
May 03 2016 14:25
admin-posts branch that should be
panigrah
@panigrah
May 03 2016 15:02
thanks @AMHOL - no luck. I installed using raygun and also git clone master. raygun install per docs, yields 404 not founds for admin and admin-posts. git clone master had a syntax error on assets.rb:42 which I fixed. Now going to /admin gives me 404 not found on /admin/sign-in. I will go back to rails for a bit until I have more time to explore.
trying the admin-posts branch - again
nope here is what I get when i go to /admin/.
OpenURI::HTTPError at /admin/sign-in  404 Not Found
Luca Guidi
@jodosha
May 03 2016 16:16
Hi all :) @solnic asked for an early/WIP PR for the integration between dry-v and hanami-v, in order to make you to check it. Here it is: hanami/validations#100. /cc @timriley @AMHOL @tak1n
Tanner Donovan
@ttdonovan
May 03 2016 16:24
@jodosha personally wanted to thank you and your contributors for all the work you've done with Hanami. I'm excited about the collaboration and integration between dry-v and hanami-v - I believe it's definitely the right decision.
Luca Guidi
@jodosha
May 03 2016 16:25
@ttdonovan Thank you :) :tophat:
Tim Riley
@timriley
May 03 2016 23:52
@jodosha Thanks for that. I also did a sweep of your dry-v issues and asked for more info wherever I thought it might be helpful.