These are chat archives for dry-rb/chat

26th
Jun 2016
Keith Pitty
@keithpitty
Jun 26 2016 01:53
@timriley as someone who is looking to get started with dry-rb, it occurs to me that some overarching guides would be helpful. What’s your view about the merits of some guides similar to those provided by a certain well known Ruby web framework?
Pablo Herrero
@pabloh
Jun 26 2016 02:22
sry guys, when do you think dry-validation 0.8 is due for?
Tim Riley
@timriley
Jun 26 2016 05:51
@keithpitty yes, guides would be helpful! I hope to start writing them in this next month or so.
Keith Pitty
@keithpitty
Jun 26 2016 05:54
@timriley excellent; good to know. Hopefully I’ll be able to make time to contribute, even if it’s just by giving feedback as a reader.
Meanwhile, I guess I need to think of an example application to experiment with ...
Tim Riley
@timriley
Jun 26 2016 06:10
And we're here to help you as you go about this :)
Piotr Solnica
@solnic
Jun 26 2016 06:51
@pabloh probably next week
Pablo Herrero
@pabloh
Jun 26 2016 07:09
@solnic :smiley: cool
Alex Heeton
@heeton
Jun 26 2016 19:24
Having trouble with dry-validation error messages. Want to create a custom predicate (for asserting a given object_id has the object existing in the DB). Here's my contract, I seem to have gotten the .yml file specified correctly, but not sure how to format the error messages inside now and couldn't find many examples.
Piotr Solnica
@solnic
Jun 26 2016 20:07
@heeton pls report an issue
Alex Heeton
@heeton
Jun 26 2016 20:41
@solnic Happy to (and some expanded documentation to help others), but I'm not even sure where to start yet - where should I look for adding messages for custom predicates?
You know, scratch that. I've dug around some more and will get to grips with it, then I'll put up an issue with some suggested doc improvements if I have time this week