These are chat archives for dry-rb/chat

5th
Jul 2017
Rafael George
@cored
Jul 05 2017 17:17
are there any Rails project using dry-web ?
there are some stuffs that I would like to use like, dry-transaction however it depends on dry-system to actually inject all the operations
Nikita Shilnikov
@flash-gordon
Jul 05 2017 17:18
it does not
Rafael George
@cored
Jul 05 2017 17:18
I was wondering if dry-rb would be to hard to plug into an existent Rails project if that maybe would be better to just use somthing like 'wisper' to define service objects and reduce the coupling through the pub/sub pattern implementation
@flash-gordon ?
In a real app, you should consider using dry-system to make it easier to populate a container with your own objects.
that's part of dry-transaction documentation
Nikita Shilnikov
@flash-gordon
Jul 05 2017 17:19
dry-transaction usually uses a container but you can set up it by yourself, no dry-system needed for that
easier <- that's the word
Rafael George
@cored
Jul 05 2017 17:20
ok
I don't know if this idea make sense, like moving into dry-rb on the current rails application that I'm working on
my intention is just to reduce teh coupling and have better composabilities capabilities in the code base so I can build more complex features for the app
Nikita Shilnikov
@flash-gordon
Jul 05 2017 17:21
@cored answering your question, problems can arise around AS loading mechanism but anything else should work fine
Rafael George
@cored
Jul 05 2017 17:21
got it
I will have to know how to work around the limitations of Rails
I don't normally use the repository pattern since I use the active record model as teh repository instead
removing most business logic from it