These are chat archives for dry-rb/chat

15th
Oct 2018
Oskar Szrajer
@gotar
Oct 15 2018 10:16
Hi, anyone tried dry-web-roda with GraphQL? Any demo repo?
Anyone are using dry-web for their projects?
Oskar Szrajer
@gotar
Oct 15 2018 11:24
I'm afraid except me or @timriley not too much persons use it on production :(
Tim Riley
@timriley
Oct 15 2018 11:29
GraphQL applicability would be more about what persistence library you use, anyway. I haven’t heard of anyone doing it with rom-rb.
(and FWIW I’m looking at using hanami-router + hanami-controller as a front-end to dry-web/system for our future projects at work)
Nikita Shilnikov
@flash-gordon
Oct 15 2018 11:30
@timriley awesome, thanks mate
David Dawson
@DangerDawson
Oct 15 2018 11:33
@timriley you currently use roda? I am interested in why the switch to hanami-router?
Tim Riley
@timriley
Oct 15 2018 11:33
From experience I realise I would prefer concrete classes/objects for each endpoint, rather than a big nested block.
Also, from a personal perspective, I’m trying to help with hanami development. This is a way for me to get on top of (some parts of) the framework.
David Dawson
@DangerDawson
Oct 15 2018 11:35
Makes complete sense
Vasily Kolesnikov
@v-kolesnikov
Oct 15 2018 11:40
@gotar I use dry-web-roda for a couple of my (production) projects.
I also found some inconvenience of using big blocks to describe routes and would love to see a better solution (maybe Hanami, but I'm not sure). Now I just divide my routes to separated files (named as a resource e.g. users.rb for /users/*).
Oskar Szrajer
@gotar
Oct 15 2018 14:03
looks like I will try in new project a dry-web-roda + graphQL combo
we will see
Jaromír Červenka
@Cervajz
Oct 15 2018 16:50
I'm in the process of converting GQL app from AR to ROM but on top of Rails. So far so good as I had validations and business logic in dry-* already. I have to be careful with GQL nested queries though - it was easier with AR to do so, but one could end up in a "circle of queries" if not being careful. Nesting with ROM is more visible and "terminated" at some point. Which I like.