These are chat archives for edbirmingham/network

Nov 2015
Anthony Crumley
@anthonycrumley
Nov 11 2015 04:16
@marshallpollard @saabdoli Some more changes to participant signin were deployed to the Heroku site. The changes are intended to prevent accidental editing of pre-existing participants.
Anthony Crumley
@anthonycrumley
Nov 11 2015 04:47
@marshallpollard Which spreadsheets should I use for loading participants? I see Ed Network Master Database 14-15, G. W. Carver High School Network Night Sign-In (Responses), and Ramsay High Network Night Sign-In (Responses). Are these the ones to load? What about Network Member Registration (Responses), should they be loaded as participants too?
saabdoli
@saabdoli
Nov 11 2015 06:53
I sent a pull request for the Success message.
Anthony Crumley
@anthonycrumley
Nov 11 2015 13:25
@saabdoli The participant signin success message has been deployed to heroku. cc @marshallpollard
Anthony Crumley
@anthonycrumley
Nov 11 2015 14:05
@marshallpollard We need to have a gotomeeting so I can show you what we have.
Anthony Crumley
@anthonycrumley
Nov 11 2015 17:08
@marshallpollard A lot of the participants in the spread sheets don't have phone numbers which are currently required. Some of them don't have a phone number or an email. Should we import those? They can't be contacted and they are hard to differentiate from other people with the same name.
marshallpollard
@marshallpollard
Nov 11 2015 18:18
@anthonycrumley @saabdoli I apologize for not replying earlier. I didn't check Gitter yesterday after I commented. Now I have it on my phone so I will get notifications.
The spreadsheets needed to upload participants include:
1) any network night sign in (we could go as far back as last year if it'll make things smoother)
2) network member registration responses
the reason some of the participants do not have email or phone include: 1) they've been to a network night already this school year and we didn't ask them to resubmit that info 2) they didn't want to include that info.
As mentioned before it would be nice to know if a participant is a 1) new participant 2) returning participant 3) network member👈🏽 most likely meaning that they are a return participant but sometimes new if they joined at a non network night event (one on one, career development conference, etc.)
I am available for the rest of the day
saabdoli
@saabdoli
Nov 11 2015 18:24
@anthonycrumley I've sent 2 new pull requests for #54 and #52
Anthony Crumley
@anthonycrumley
Nov 11 2015 19:15
@saabdoli The alert type we need for the error messages is danger, see http://getbootstrap.com/components/#alerts . Bootstrap is how all the styling is done. The css and component sections are helpful. The <alert> tag we are using is from https://angular-ui.github.io/bootstrap/#/alert which is angular combined with bootstrap.
This... <alert data-ng-show="error" data-ng-bind="error" type="error"></alert> should be <alert data-ng-show="error" data-ng-bind="error" type="danger"></alert>
@saabdoli Please create a new pull request for that change.
Anthony Crumley
@anthonycrumley
Nov 11 2015 19:24
@marshallpollard @saabdoli Could we have a gotomeeting at 3pm?
@saabdoli on the angular ui components we are not using the uib- prefix yet.
marshallpollard
@marshallpollard
Nov 11 2015 19:29
I can do 3p
Anthony Crumley
@anthonycrumley
Nov 11 2015 19:45
@marshallpollard I will send out a gotomeeting link at that time.
saabdoli
@marshallpollard
Nov 11 2015 20:59
Link?
Anthony Crumley
@anthonycrumley
Nov 11 2015 21:00
@marshallpollard @saabdoli I just emailed the link.
marshallpollard
@marshallpollard
Nov 11 2015 21:09
Raise up network event type needs to be changed to raise up initiatives
marshallpollard
@marshallpollard
Nov 11 2015 21:21
We also need to include a photo release waiver for new participants. Once they've signed in, we won't need to ask that question.
saabdoli