by

Where communities thrive


  • Join over 1.5M+ people
  • Join over 100K+ communities
  • Free without limits
  • Create your own community
People
Repo info
Activity
tehnasty
@tehnasty
@michaelheilmann Okay ill take a look at it for sure. Thanks
@michaelheilmann Visual Studio 2019. Yep cloned with git, initialized submodules. Then ran CMake
Michael Heilmann
@michaelheilmann
@tehnasty well it's simple I think: First of all I see that some libraries (idlib and idlib-game-engine) should propably be moved into the Egoboo project because I wrote them but I don't use them anymore (as I don't work on Egoboo). They are actually quite decent but of course do not solve the aformended fundamental problem of Egoboo.
@tehnasty i am checking this out and will try to compile egoboo myself. I suppose your problems merely boil down to some submodule problem. Not sure if i get this done before weekend but I am on it
@tehnasty getting all the libs into the egoboo github project is necessary for a clean handover to someone who wants to continue to work on egoboo
Michael Heilmann
@michaelheilmann
@tehnasty what you can do for now is checkout egoboo/idlib and try to get it to build; there will be build errors most likely related to the compiler changes in visual studio 2019. As Egoboo is pretty much dependend on that, it is a prerequisite to get this library up and running. Share your results here.
tehnasty
@tehnasty
@michaelheilmann built idlib and I get a similar error as above : "
Error C2061 syntax error: identifier 'function' C:\Users\Matt\egoboo\idlib\CMakeLists.txt C:\Users\Matt\egoboo\idlib\library\src\idlib\text\parser.hpp 20
"
(
const string_type& string,
(LINE 20) std::function<bool(const character_type)> predicate,
std::function<void(iterator_type, iterator_type, iterator_type, iterator_type)> receiver
) const
Michael Heilmann
@michaelheilmann
@tehnasty mh i have fixed that locally. The compilers got more terse. Compiling things, doing the unit tests, then commit
@tehnasty when the commit is in idlib, good exercise is: "how do I update Egoboo to use the new version^^"
@tehnasty if we get you to compile egoboo, next step would be that you enter the organization and issue a pr
Michael Heilmann
@michaelheilmann
@tehnasty oh i found the website data (not the current posts but the logos and things).
tehnasty
@tehnasty
Okay cool, are the your graphics? Not sure how ill lay out that yet
So I added #include <functional>" and I get another error, but i think im in the right direction ahaha
Michael Heilmann
@michaelheilmann
@tehnasty the fix is in dev
@tehnasty update idlib and check if it compiles; btw, install the google test adapter (i think it's described in the readme.md) and verify all tests are running
@tehnasty if everything is fine, you should update egoboo itself to use the latest version of idlib develop
@tehnasty talk tomorrow or the day after tomorrow ok? I think you can keep yourself occupied for now^^
tehnasty
@tehnasty
@michaelheilmann cool I will definitely take a look and keep cracking at it. Sounds good, appreciate the help/direction
Michael Heilmann
@michaelheilmann
@tehnasty no problem, I don't have the nerves to deal with this software, but if someone wants to continue I think it's appropriate to help him out
@tehnasty idlib is quite decent though, the troubles start in egoboo ...
@tehnasty i don't mind working a bit on idlib itself for a bit; i guess i'll check that the ci's are still working this weekend
tehnasty
@tehnasty
idlib seemed to build properly. I rebuilt Egoboo and started to get some errors(surprise surprise) I was debugging a big yesterday. There seems to be issues with how egoboo Image.cpp is calling some template functions. I'm getting errors indicating ambiguous call to overloaded function. (functions set_pixel, blit, get_pixel, etc)
@michaelheilmann each function is called a few times and it looks like the first pass of each function through works with the parameters and then the next time its ambiguous, been doing what my limited experience mind can to attempt and fix it :P!
Michael Heilmann
@michaelheilmann
@tehnasty quite odd these errors, anyway I guess you will get by
@tehnasty the first thing you should do to make our life easier is to update the submodule reference to the fixed version of idlib. Then issue a PR to Egoboo's repository on github. Then thi fix is in and we can look at the other stuff.
@tehnasty you open a pr usually by pushing to your repository the changes and then issuing a pr (then we can actually see if the CI is still working)