There is now a SecularSVD routine: elemental/Elemental@3712952
Jack Poulson
@poulson
Jul 27 2016 05:09
Next up: a full D&C SVD
Ryan H. Lewis
@rhl-
Jul 27 2016 14:07
@iff conan is not a dependency, it is a package manager for c++, and really a great thing. also, CPack sucks. yes you can create RPM's but no one will accept them to a real repo. You need to write an RPM Spec file or something. That is something you could compose with conan, since conanfile's, rpm spec, and deb package are all very similar. the way to think of conan, is it provides "rpm packages" which do not fix compiler versions or types.
Jack Poulson
@poulson
Jul 27 2016 15:15
@rhl- It would be helpful if there was an example. The devil is often in the details with these things (as it is for CPack).
Yves Ineichen
@iff
Jul 27 2016 15:46
@rhl- super, if you can package Elemental with conan even better. I know CPack has limitations, but its the only thing I know. I simply cannot spend time and dig into conan (or other solutions) to understand the details and package Elemental. Thats why we offered a CPack based solution.
Ryan H. Lewis
@rhl-
Jul 27 2016 16:32
@jack happy to do that, what example do you want? of using spec files? I have plenty: https://rhl.fedorapeople.org/
@iff I am new to conan too, but, I am betting on that technology. CPack is a good start, it generates rpm's that don't pass most basic rpmlint violations. I'm happy to collaborate on this. I think the main thing is not elemental, but all it's dependencies.
Ryan H. Lewis
@rhl-
Jul 27 2016 16:37
I can maintain the fedora packages
I am not a debian packager though.