Ryan H. Lewis
@rhl-
Oct 28 2016 01:27
That's great
Zoltán Csáti
@CsatiZoltan
Oct 28 2016 09:23
Good day!
I would have a very beginner question. I am new to distributed computing but I found the capabilities of Elemental promising and also that it can install the required packages on the fly. So my question is: is it still worth using it on a single computer with only 8 threads (taking in mind that later I want to run the same code on a cluster)? Is there much difference in the usage on a single computer or on a cluster?
Jack Poulson
@poulson
Oct 28 2016 15:57
Hi Zoltan; yes, I almost always develop on my laptop and infrequentry deploy
What sort of functionality are you looking for?
Zoltán Csáti
@CsatiZoltan
Oct 28 2016 16:19
Hi! I would need sparse direct solvers for solving (possibly) rank-deficient saddle point problems. The saddle-point matrices wouldn't be that big, but I would solve many of them.
Zoltán Csáti
@CsatiZoltan
Oct 28 2016 16:25
I just tried to reinstall on my Fedora 24 machine but I couldn't locate the gfortran needed for OpenBLAS. I edited the corresponding CMakeList to include the /usr/bin/ directory where my gfortran is, but it couldn't help. Otherwise, I set up the main CMake project correctly, the error appeared when Elemental downloaded OpenBLAS and wanted to build it during "sudo make". Do you think, I should try installing OpenBLAS differently and let Elemental find it? I tried Elemental previously (a few months ago) on my Ubuntu 14.04 and it worked well.
Will there be a prebuilt library from Elemental under Linux?
Jack Poulson
@poulson
Oct 28 2016 22:23
It is usually not a good idea to edit the CMake files