These are chat archives for elemental/chat

21st
Jun 2018
Belliger
@Belliger
Jun 21 2018 08:53
Good morning! I'm having a few issues with getting Elemental to work with python, I've installed it (seemingly) okay, and set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PYTHONPATH, but when I go to import the module I get an error message: "OSError: libpmrrr.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory", I've found the file in question in lib64/ and fixed this error by setting lib64 in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH too, but now it comes up with another error: "OSError: libmpi.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory", this time I can't seem to find this file anywhere, any tips?
Belliger
@Belliger
Jun 21 2018 10:54
Hmm, okay I've found the file in "/gpfs/ts0/shared/software/openmpi/2.0.0/gnu/4.8.5/lib/libmpi.so.20" and something in the "include/El/config.h" file pointing to "#define EL_MPI_C_LIBRARIES "/gpfs/ts0/shared/software/openmpi/2.0.0/gnu/4.8.5/lib/libmpi.so"" but can't figure out how to fix the issue at the moment.
Belliger
@Belliger
Jun 21 2018 11:23
Okay, I've fixed that error by loading the correct module, but now I'm getting an error message when I try to import El: "Fatal error in PMPI_Comm_dup: Invalid communicator, error stack:
PMPI_Comm_dup(192): MPI_Comm_dup(comm=0x34b09c30, new_comm=0x281dc38) failed
PMPI_Comm_dup(144): Invalid communicator"