These are chat archives for ensime/ensime-sublime

22nd
Jul 2015
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Jul 22 2015 06:33
Looking at this the callback is handled by reflective magic - I finally 'got it' this morning.
The async_rpc annotation proxies the method call, it basically strips off the last argument if it is 'Callable' and passes the rest to the rpc handler.
That feels wrong on so many levels.
It works because there is no arity check in the handling.
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Jul 22 2015 16:20
OK - those changes are squashed. I like the idea of improving it further with the organize imports stuff but I'll look at that later and see if I can get it working
this is a big improvement over it not working at all :-)
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Jul 22 2015 16:21
Absolutely! Working is good!
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Jul 22 2015 16:21
Oh - I also had some success running the debugger last night
got it to hit a break point in an app
got it to run all tests
things still not working - breakpoints in the tests don't work - I need to talk to Bill but I think the scalatest runner is forking another process and running there, just monitoring the output
hence the breakpoints not hitting - he will know, and if it is that, there will just be another way to run scalatest I am sure
the other was that the watches/variable inspections don't seem to work for me. this could not be evaluated in the window, and I couldn't figure out how to add watches or inspections
still - it's some progress :-)
Ghost
@ghost~540393fe163965c9bc2018ce
Jul 22 2015 16:28
:-)
there is quite a lot of tighter integration we could do with scalatest actually. One thing I'd love is for failing tests to be shown using standard "compile error" conventions so that simple regexes can pick up on it.
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Jul 22 2015 17:22
yes - I have been experiencing similar issues with scalastyle too which is used on some of the project codebases
it has an extra numeric field:
SomeClass.scala:25:141:54
Ghost
@ghost~540393fe163965c9bc2018ce
Jul 22 2015 17:23
<FQN of filename>:line:col: MESSAGE
is the standard format
but MESSAGE first is also ok
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Jul 22 2015 17:23
no idea what that third one is, but it screws up the regex so that sublime tries to open SomeClass.scala:25
Ghost
@ghost~540393fe163965c9bc2018ce
Jul 22 2015 17:23
hmm, weird
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Jul 22 2015 17:24
been meaning to look into that, although my first instinct is to turn off scalastyle :-)
as it's a whiny little annoyance mostly...
what I am pleasantly surprised by is just how usable this is already, especially since the fix imports now works (kind of)
debugging I will try and fix when I need it, but I am already pretty productive in this
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Jul 22 2015 20:40
so - you guys OK if I merge in the squashed commit for imports v1?
I have been using it happily all morning :-)
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Jul 22 2015 20:43
lol, timing, just merged it.
then saw your comment
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Jul 22 2015 20:43
oh - nice - thanks
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Jul 22 2015 20:49
at some point this afternoon I will get bored of earning money, and take a look at the fancy organize imports stuff :-)
Rory Graves