These are chat archives for ensime/ensime-sublime

Sep 2015
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Sep 16 2015 15:34
so - since I healed myself, I have had no further issues with the ensime-starting-under-sublime change.
and I have been using it pretty hard. There is something wrong with the go to definition not working into the AWS libraries again but I don't think it is related
will try and track that down later if I get time
something about those AWS libraries it really doesn't seem to like
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Sep 16 2015 15:36
good stuff. I've got a bit more tweaking to add on that branch to cleanup the logging further. should be ready in the next day or so.
We better sort out the AWS stuff, I'm planning on using that shortly
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Sep 16 2015 15:43
you know - let me check the simple stuff first
maybe sbt simply failed to download the doc/src packages for those libs
and I am guessing it can't go to definition unless it has the src
I haven't even checked simple stuff like that yet
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Sep 16 2015 15:43
cool
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Sep 16 2015 15:44
I just noticed it yesterday, I thought I had that fixed with the "try much harder" fix I did
where it does a full typecheck and tries again
that did work mostly, but apparently still not the charm for AWS
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Sep 16 2015 15:48
fair enough, sure we will work it out ;)
Dick Wall
@dickwall
Sep 16 2015 17:11
Maybe I am just cursed, but has anything changed either in the sublime plugin or in ensime-server that could account for the line position being off by one only some times?
as in sometimes on the error markers and the completions, it works when I click on the following line to the one with the actual problem
e.g. the line below highlights, and the alt-click works on the line below in the same column position
I haven't seen this like this before - could be this project has upset it somehow, but I wonder if some bug might not have crept in in a build somewhere
I mean, I can work with it now I know the rules, but it's definite not right :-)
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Sep 16 2015 20:32
Oh weird, no haven't seen that - fun with line endings?
But as of right now I don't use it often enough, or in enough anger to really comment.
2 weeks time, I am going to spend some time using it as my primary editor
Will be interesting to see what feature I'm most desperate to change/fix soon after that point ;)