These are chat archives for ensime/ensime-sublime

21st
Mar 2016
Johnny Everson
@everson
Mar 21 2016 01:36

Hi people. I am giving a try at ensime-sublime these days so I can try to help as I've said.

Is it normal to have lots of false positives? e.g. type not Found

I removed and reinstalled my ensime plugin, and now I don't get any useful completions anymore:
is this a known issue?
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Mar 21 2016 20:44
Can you check the plugin version (Package Control->Installed Packages) -> and can you also flush ensime from your ivy cache? There was a known bug - but I believe it is resolved on the latest version.
Ghost
@ghost~540393fe163965c9bc2018ce
Mar 21 2016 21:04
yeah your server is quite old, I can tell because the Environment is old format
it says for ENSIME: v0.11.0, SublimeSBT: v2015.10.12.19.09.04
mhhh, so how could it have received an old server?
ok, deleted .coursier and .ivy2
Ghost
@ghost~540393fe163965c9bc2018ce
Mar 21 2016 21:16
SublimeSBT is independent of ENSIME I think
we should perhaps ask if they want that (and the basic scala mode) hosted and documented at http://ensime.org
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Mar 21 2016 21:17
can you clean the .ensime_cache as well.
Ghost
@ghost~540393fe163965c9bc2018ce
Mar 21 2016 21:17
that's very rarely needed
Rory Graves
@rorygraves
Mar 21 2016 21:17
yeah, if its the newest version of the server its not needed thats true.
Ghost
@ghost~540393fe163965c9bc2018ce
Mar 21 2016 23:07
you need to run gen-ensime again because you wiped your ivy cache and it deleted all your source/javadoc jars :smile:
Server: OUT: b'22:22:23.513 ERROR None Server - There was a problem parsing
the logs are not so easy to read in Sublime
it's really crazy, just when I wanted to create a few high-resolution screenshots of ensime-sublime ... things fell apart
btw, is there a way to start ensime in sublime automatically, when it sees the files generated by gen-ensime?
it's kind of annoying having to remember to click through these menus
argh, one error was certainly caused by nuking my local caches ... no my build of scala-js-dom is gone ...
any idea how ensime came up with
 :compiler-args ("-feature" "-deprecation" "-Xlint" "-Yinline-warnings" "-Yno-adapted-args" "-Ywarn-dead-code" "-Ywarn-numeric-widen" "-Xfuture" "-Ywarn-unused-import" "-Ymacro-expand:discard")
my project only sepcifies -Xexperimental
Ghost
@ghost~540393fe163965c9bc2018ce
Mar 21 2016 23:25
yeah, we have defaults
you can override them on a per-project or per-user basis
we figure most people want to turn on all the warnings so they get squigglies in the editor. Of course, you can't see that in Sublime
Emacs does the auto-start feature
Sublime desperately needs more client-side contributors for this kind of (really simple) thing