These are chat archives for esp8266/Arduino

Sep 2015
ivansouza
@ivansouza
Sep 09 2015 03:50
i'm trying to use the esp8266 Sketch Data upload, but i get this error: SPIFFS Error: mkspiffs not found! i'm had the mkspiffs.exe but in what folder/directory? tanks in advance...
i'm using Windows 7.
Ivan Grokhotkov
@igrr
Sep 09 2015 08:46
@ivansouza wow, i have only added this section last night and someone's already trying to use it :) apparently you don't have mkspiffs.exe. I haven't yet updated boards manager definitions to install it along with the boards manager package.
if you have it already, put it next to esptool.exe
oh scratch that, it won't work
yeah, just hang on a bit, i will update boards manager package today to install mkspiffs
ivansouza
@ivansouza
Sep 09 2015 13:46
@igrr , thanks for a prompt response!!! You are the GUY!!! i'm your FAN!
Ivan Grokhotkov
@igrr
Sep 09 2015 15:23
@ivansouza updated the staging package and ESP8266FS tool (see docs for the new link)
give it a try if you have time
Martin Ayotte
@martinayotte
Sep 09 2015 16:09
@igrr, please take a look at both PR#753 and Bug#733, I've added comments.
fmgomes
@fmgomes
Sep 09 2015 18:47
Hi, do you have any idea why I have the behaviour saw in the screenshot, with the TCP available buffer going fast to zero? The ESP8266 is receiving a stream from a Icecast server. I've posted the problem here: http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4308&start=0, I've posted the capture file and the wireshark screenshot in the last post on the same thread.
In the post I refered above I've also the code, basically it is only receiving a TCP data stream, but it gets interrupted after a few packets received
Markus
@Links2004
Sep 09 2015 19:09
is the socket closed or you only getting no data?
may using peek() is also wrong peek gets you the next byte i think your code needs available() when n shut be the available bytes
if you use peek and you reserving 0x00 your code will stop reading the data thats may not what you want.
Markus
@Links2004
Sep 09 2015 19:15
a delay delay(0); after read may also helps to keep the SDK going
fmgomes
@fmgomes
Sep 09 2015 20:09
@Links2004: Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try replacing peek. The delay was something that I've already tested, but without success, still had the same problem. My application still sees the socket open, but in wireshark I see different situations, one is like I've reported, even at the tcp stack level the messages stop, but there are cases where at application level I stop receiving but there is a never ending message exchange between the icecast server and the esp8266, mainly socket resets, messages out of sequence, etc.
fmgomes
@fmgomes
Sep 09 2015 21:33
@Links2004: Replacing peek with available worked, thanks again!!! I don't know why I was using peek, some example I followed, perhaps. After your suggestion I looked for the arduino API for WiFiClient, and peek is only refered for the UDP client, not for the TCP. And even in that situation it returns the first byte in the buffer, so if the byte was 0, my code gets blocked.