These are chat archives for ethereum/homestead-guide

Jan 2016
Viktor Trón
@zelig
Jan 05 2016 04:31
Guys can I ask you not to pollute this channel?
This is only about the writing documentation for homestead and mainly for those writing or reviewing it.
Hudson Jameson
@Souptacular
Jan 05 2016 05:38
Sounds good @zelig
Iancu Aurel
@awrelll
Jan 05 2016 09:29
Will DAOs created in Frontier be transported to Homestead ? How do the release stages affect DAOs ?
Viktor Trón
@zelig
Jan 05 2016 10:16
there is nothing backward incompatible, so zero affect
Iancu Aurel
@awrelll
Jan 05 2016 10:41
thanks @zelig
please comment on the readme
and volunteer for initial tasks if we want this to fly
@Souptacular if we appointed you arch scrum master for this would you accept? I got a couple of bitcoins to donate if that would help
Viktor Trón
@zelig
Jan 05 2016 12:41
I would like to include an Ethereum ecosystem chapter with list of exchanges, list of mining pools/resources, community, client implementations, dapp-devel resources list of dapps, and miscellanea for other major efforts.
I would also dedicate a chapter on base-layer services: namereg, swarm, whisper, maybe even oracle, alarm, .etc (?)
I think we got a better chance of pulling this off and keep it maintained if we win over dedicated experts in the community to watch and maintain parts of the doc.
Similarly the go-client specific bits should be 'owned/led' by the relevant core dev
Alex Van de Sande
@alexvandesande
Jan 05 2016 12:57
first thing we need is an index for content so people can volunteer to write chapters. Ones that I will not cover on the site are: how to connect to the web3 js and create calls, how to import and backup keys.. I’ll try to think of more..
Viktor Trón
@zelig
Jan 05 2016 13:02
the guide aspires to be more verbose on mining, accounts, synchronisation, network setup etc plus see the above
Alex Van de Sande
@alexvandesande
Jan 05 2016 13:02
yes those too
Hudson Jameson
@Souptacular
Jan 05 2016 15:41
@zelig Sure thing. I can take that on. Any donations are appreciated :)
I am in US Central timezone (TX) and will be able to work on the intial draft of the organization and divide chapters. Then I can task people to either re-write/transfer/combine the chapters with the help of the frontier guide and other sources.
@alexvandesande Should the guide cover Mist or is that covered on the site?
Hudson Jameson
@Souptacular
Jan 05 2016 16:33
Just realized I didn't provide context, lol. I said I was in US central timezone to say I can work on it this evening, my time :P