These are chat archives for ethereum/homestead-guide

Jul 2016
Bob Summerwill
@bobsummerwill
Jul 13 2016 16:44 UTC

Hey @/all,
So following my Ethereum Everywhere article, @EtherTyper raised a question on https://gitter.im/ethereum/cpp-ethereum which would be better asked here.

"Is there any concern for the licensing of the docs, and the Ethereum wiki?"

Hudson Jameson
@Souptacular
Jul 13 2016 16:46 UTC
Hi Bob!
Bob Summerwill
@bobsummerwill
Jul 13 2016 16:47 UTC
So I am not aware of anybody raising any concern, but I think it could certainly make sense for us to have clarity of licensing for our documentation. I don't think we have that right now, do we?
Some flavor of Creative Commons seems to be the consensus on "what good looks like" for documentation.
And while we are on the topic, I will just point out we could probably use some discussion about the Wiki in general, which is in a pretty poor state of repair, without much ownership. Merging content across from Wiki into the docs makes sense to me, but might not be what everybody wants.

@zelig @Souptacular Maybe what we actually need here is a new https://github.com/ethereum/documentation channel which would cover documentation concerns as a whole?

This channel was created specifically to coordinate the push for the Homestead guide, but really we could probably just use a "Documentation as a whole" plan and discussion area.

Hudson Jameson
@Souptacular
Jul 13 2016 16:51 UTC
I agree. New channel for fresh discussion would be nice.
Bob Summerwill
@bobsummerwill
Jul 13 2016 16:54 UTC

Do you have the permissions to do that, @Souptacular?

Want to do that today, and announce it on Twitter and Reddit?

And then we can carry on the discussions about Wiki/Docs and licensing there, and/or you can present any thoughts you have on how to move forward.

And so can @zelig. And so can anybody :-)

Hudson Jameson
@Souptacular
Jul 13 2016 16:55 UTC
Let me check...
Created it! Also made a documentation team and added you and @zelig