Where communities thrive


  • Join over 1.5M+ people
  • Join over 100K+ communities
  • Free without limits
  • Create your own community
People
Repo info
Activity
  • 05:06

    hwwhww on re_process_final_updates

    Minor refactor (compare)

  • 05:06
    hwwhww synchronize #2187
  • 05:04
    hwwhww closed #2188
  • 03:19
    hurtadodayna opened #2188
  • Jan 19 23:29
    ajsutton commented #2186
  • Jan 19 23:25
    paulhauner commented #2186
  • Jan 19 22:04
    prestonvanloon commented #2186
  • Jan 19 22:01
    prestonvanloon commented #2186
  • Jan 19 21:47
    protolambda commented #2186
  • Jan 19 21:17
    paulhauner commented #2186
  • Jan 19 17:45
    prestonvanloon commented #2186
  • Jan 19 14:50
    protolambda commented #2186
  • Jan 19 14:42
    hwwhww labeled #2187
  • Jan 19 14:23
    hwwhww opened #2187
  • Jan 19 14:23
    hwwhww labeled #2187
  • Jan 19 14:23
    hwwhww labeled #2187
  • Jan 19 14:14

    hwwhww on re_process_final_updates

    Update lightclient patch and ph… Update and add tests (compare)

  • Jan 19 13:59
    protolambda commented #2186
  • Jan 19 13:52

    hwwhww on re_process_final_updates

    Break down process_final_updates Update and add tests Update lightclient patch and ph… (compare)

  • Jan 19 13:48
    mratsim commented #2186
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<benjaminion> And mine πŸ˜€ https://hackmd.io/@benjaminion/SygoFBrVL
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<hsiao-wei (hwwhww)> ----- sorry to the telegram bridge ppl, I ruined the survey ----- try again:
[tentative indication survey 1] would you be interested in attending an eth2 teams lunch on March 6th in Paris? πŸ‘ for def YES, 🀞 for interested but not 100% , πŸ‘Ž for def NO
<hsiao-wei (hwwhww)> [tentative indication survey 2] would you be interested in attending an eth2 teams co-work day on March 6th in Paris? πŸ‘ for def YES, 🀞 for interested but not 100% , πŸ‘Ž for def NO
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<tkstanczak> would you please send an invitation to matilote#6205
<tkstanczak> he is a DevOps person at Nethermind
<herman> Right click on the Eth 2.0 logo in the app, then "Invite People"
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<tkstanczak> thanks, somehow I assumed I did not have permissions
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge

<Sebastian> Hi! is there going to be an ETHLondon group? I looked at this document: https://notes.ethereum.org/@protolambda/eth2_start

and I'm wondering if there is anything left to hack on after EthDenver?

Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<djrtwo> The hacks in that doc are fresh and wide open!
We had pretty limited engagement at ethdenver and would be super excited with anyone picking up any of those challenges
<Sebastian> Cool! πŸ˜ƒ
<djrtwo> here is the description of the ethlondon eth2 bounties -- https://notes.ethereum.org/@djrtwo/ETHLondon-hacks
Pooja Ranjan
@poojaranjan
Ethereum 2.0 Implementers Call 34 Notes
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<proto> That doc is fully up to date, and you're welcome to hack on any of those challenges, or your own thing, @Sebastian πŸ‘
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<djrtwo> networking call this Wednesday! Please add items in the comments on the agenda
ethereum/eth2.0-pm#131
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<hsiao-wei (hwwhww)> Hi, just send the Paris Lunch/Brunch invite RSVP to Eth2 implementers list! It seems some addresses are unavailable now. If you didn't get the mail and want to join, please DM me soon. :)
(RSVP deadline: TODAY, sorry!)
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<hsiao-wei (hwwhww)> Hi, I just sent the Paris Lunch/Brunch invite RSVP to Eth2 implementers calls list! It seems some addresses are unavailable now. If you didn't get the mail and want to join, please DM me soon. :)
(RSVP deadline: TODAY, sorry!)
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge

<sly> I can't find it in the spec, but I presume the intention is that clients keep a record of SignedBeaconBlock that they receive, so that they can respond to requests such as BeaconBlocksByRange.

The spec says clients must support the request, and respond if they have the requested signed blocks, but there is nothing in the spec that requires them to keep a record of signed blocks. (Fork Choice only requires a record of BeaconBlock, not the signed envelope.)

Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<ralexstokes> clients are generally going to persist any signed beacon blocks they see come off the wire (you could argue for dropping some of them but the naive thing is to just keep it all unless you detect there is an obvious dos or something...); i interpret the MUST in the p2p spec as constraining clients to keep the signed block data
<ralexstokes> and for things like state txn or fork choice you can just think about operating over a subset of this data anyway (aka chop off the signatures)
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge

<djrtwo> Networking call in about 13.5 hours
ethereum/eth2.0-pm#131

Top priority -- iron out how to use fork_version in planned forks, across chains, and other usecases. I have a proposal to start us off and we can go from there
Then we can get the last couple of PRs cleaned and merged

Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<djrtwo> Call in 20.
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<herman> Are we recording this call @djrtwo ?
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<djrtwo> I usually do, but havent posted them in the past due to lack of demand
<djrtwo> so I'll record again and share if people want
<djrtwo> which it seems you do ?
<herman> πŸ‘
<herman> > so I'll record again and share if people want
If I qualify as "people" πŸ˜‚
<djrtwo> call now!
<djrtwo> hmm, might need one more voice
<djrtwo> πŸ˜‚
<herman> 😞
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<djrtwo> I forgot to record.
<djrtwo> 😣
<djrtwo> hopefully Ben took good notes...
Mamy Ratsimbazafy
@mratsim
don’t count on me for the notes, I was lost on the ChainID + ENR discussion
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<benjaminion> I am taking notes, whether good or not. Just taking out the bit about the recording...
<herman> I got really bad notes in my team slack channel πŸ˜›
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<benjaminion> Notes from me: https://hackmd.io/@benjaminion/rk2OEQ64L
<benjaminion> There's much I have only a loose grasp on, so pls correct any mistakes.
<herman> * libp2p update: behavioural changes involving peer scoring
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<djrtwo> notes look good @benjaminion. enough details for the action items. thanks!
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<proto> See pinned message in networking channel for info on network testing
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<justaguy0736> Hey Danny, just a random guy here (as the user name says), but I also enjoy watching the calls on YouTube later. Thanks for doing the recordings.
Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<djrtwo> Hi! Welcome :)
<justaguy0736> Thanks!
Pooja Ranjan
@poojaranjan

<djrtwo> hopefully Ben took good notes...

Ben's notes are quick and super helpful but please let me know if people would like to involve Cat Herders to take detailed notes and add that to Eth2.0 PM repo like the Eth2.0 Implementers calls.

Eth-Gitter-Bridge
@Eth-Gitter-Bridge
<sly> Cross posting my question from the Phase 0 channel: What is the best way to raise potential issues [with the spec] - just put up a pull request with changes, or raise an Issue in github, or just mention it here for a discussion?