These are chat archives for ethereum/tutorials

Jul 2017
veerasarma
@veerasarma
Jul 19 2017 06:52
Hi, When i deploy the contract for create the token it throws error like "Error: The contract code couldn't be stored, please check your gas amount. undefined"
anyone help to fix this
Nodero67
@Nodero67
Jul 19 2017 09:59
Hello, trying to find a DEV, i am having issues sending GNT to my trading account. When I attempt to send, it says insufficient gas. I have used the slide to the max, still no. A friend suggested to adjust in Java, but i do not have the knowlege and cant seem to get it from Docs. Maybe too much info on hash? Could someone help?
journey
@PHPJourney
Jul 19 2017 10:10
@mjbquieta excuse me a moment, how to you get contract account address.
roninkaizen
@roninkaizen
Jul 19 2017 10:55
@veerasarma seems as if the executing client does not have any balanced account (no ether in wallet?)
veerasarma
@veerasarma
Jul 19 2017 11:21
@roninkaizen Thanks i fix the issues
I am using contract process for create token using web3 deploying process
now the contract process completed so now i created the token ?
Please explain detailly how to know i create the token or need to do some other work
roninkaizen
@roninkaizen
Jul 19 2017 11:23
thanks for the feedback
ENiG87
@ENiG87
Jul 19 2017 14:53
@Boukezzoula What do you know about cryptocurrencies? What is your UseCase? How do you plan to distribute your currency?
@Nodero67 This may seem like a stupid question, but do you already have Ether in your wallet? Are you deploying on the Ethereum Testnet?
@PHPJourney contract adress will be created when the contract is first created on the blockchain
@PHPJourney depending on the client u use u can easily find the address in the contract information
@PHPJourney if your using Ethereum Wallet, there is a tab for Contracts where all your deployed contracts are listed, together with their address
journey
@PHPJourney
Jul 19 2017 14:58
@ENiG87 I wanna JSON-RPC used。 but i can't find api
include ABI
ENiG87
@ENiG87
Jul 19 2017 14:59
@veerasarma if you need the token before the contract is created then you have to create the token first. as of now if you want confirmation of creation you have to write it yourself
maybe your function could return a true bool if creation was successfull
i've seen this way in many contracts
@PHPJourney I'm sorry, but i don't know how to work with rpc's
journey
@PHPJourney
Jul 19 2017 15:01
@ENiG87 so , do you know about console command
ENiG87
@ENiG87
Jul 19 2017 15:01
but you should find a full documentation here https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/JSON-RPC
journey
@PHPJourney
Jul 19 2017 15:02
I am not in wiki find contract command
ENiG87
@ENiG87
Jul 19 2017 15:02
No, I'm sorry, but I write and test my ethereum contracts on the testnet chain and use remix or ethereum wallet for deploying
and you will not find a contract creation command
because contracts are only created when their constructor-function is called
constructor functions can be set up by simply naming a function after the name of the contract (exact spelling)
or by having a nameless function
journey
@PHPJourney
Jul 19 2017 15:07
but i can't find contract function api .
i am try use web3.eth.contract
but it's empty
ENiG87
@ENiG87
Jul 19 2017 15:16
did you check the api guide?
for web3
that's all I can do for you, as I'm not familiar with rpc's
but maybe somebody else can help you
journey
@PHPJourney
Jul 19 2017 15:24
ok, thanks for your help
Nodero67
@Nodero67
Jul 19 2017 16:34
@ENiG87 I do have a very small amount of ETH there tiny actually, should I move it ? The GNT is definately there
ethgod99
@ethgod99
Jul 19 2017 17:16
Hi guys I am on the test-net on ethereum wallet and just trying to learn how to create my own currency/create contracts, but I apparently need a little Ether to start out, even though it's a practice mode. can anyone let me know how i can do that? I click start mining and nothing happens? thanks
ethgod99
@ethgod99
Jul 19 2017 18:08
i clicked mine and nothing happens @zonekidd40
Craig555
@Craig555
Jul 19 2017 18:51
Hey guys, I have a background in investments, trying to run some tests by going to develop> network> testnet but for some reason I can't enable that feature. I've downloaded mist, geth and the eth wallet. All the blocks have been completed and still nothing. Any Ideas ? Also looking for developers for a project - can email info@ourinterest.org if interested.
ethgod99
@ethgod99
Jul 19 2017 23:57
Investment banking analyst here looking for someone to work with directly in creating an ICO. We can discuss compensation. Email: troll4d@gmail.com