These are chat archives for ethereum/tutorials

Mar 2018
kryvel
@kryvel
Mar 18 2018 13:40

Hello!

Could someone please help me with following question?

I have an eshop and would like to get payments in ethtereum. So for each payment I would like to generate new account (address) and wait for payment. For monitoring payments I need to create an easy way to get "n" (50, 100. or more) for all account (addresses) of my wallet. I found out, that it is not possible by default API queries. So I wounder if it's possible by using contracts?

So main idea is to create a smart contract, that will receive ether and write some message to log . Then I will poll for log changes by call RPC API method eth_getLogs or eth_getFilterChanges, and get info about incoming transactions.

Is it possible ? Or maybe you have better idea how to solve this ?
Thanks in advance!

Adam Skrodzki
@adamskrodzki
Mar 18 2018 18:05
@kryvel how do You know which customer paid You? How You connect customers with their addresses?
gintu tom
@gintu
Mar 18 2018 18:32
hello!
how to we list the contents of a block?
Adam Skrodzki
@adamskrodzki
Mar 18 2018 19:03

@gintu try

web3.eth.getBlock(1950109,function(){
console.log(arguments);
})

there is also
web3.eth.getTransaction("0x3827a8dd2d244a431dd327805e79b0e160fc93757d8bdd94ea80037d8a93103f",function(){
console.log(arguments);
})
Alexdolmat
@Alexdolmat
Mar 18 2018 19:10
Hello, good morning. I need know thats cost creating tokens on etherum.
Price for token only!
phalexo
@phalexo
Mar 18 2018 19:14
Cost of what? Developing a contract? Depends on functionality. Costs to deploy? Depends on the bytecode size and gas price you are willing to pay.
xen3c
@xen3c
Mar 18 2018 19:15
@Alexdolmat depends on the token contract
@Alexdolmat easiest way to find out is to build the contract on testnet, as this doens't cost you anything , but still shows an idea of the estimated gas
and it will help you , if any errors occured in your contract , at least this mistake didn't cost nothing
Adam Skrodzki
@adamskrodzki
Mar 18 2018 19:51
@Alexdolmat User @phalexo Asked very good question, You are asking about cost of development or cost of deployment?
Alexdolmat
@Alexdolmat
Mar 18 2018 20:21
Cost creating a token only not include a marketing cost, official website for the token, crowdsale, add token to exchanger etc. Deployment a smart contract on Ethereum only.
thanks for your reply.
I make a search some user telling me that's a deploy a smart contract is $50 or low. But the high cost is complete ICO for marketing etc.
xen3c
@xen3c
Mar 18 2018 20:28
so you just want coins? tell me how many coins, what should be their name and symbol , i can make it under half hour for you and send them to your account
phalexo
@phalexo
Mar 18 2018 20:29
Companies pay $20K-$25K per contract to be designed to their spec, and additional $20K-$25K for a contract to be audited. Marketing may cost hundreds of thousands, depending on how successful you want your ICO to be.
xen3c
@xen3c
Mar 18 2018 20:29
0.1 eth will do more then enough
ob @phalexo obviously he is seaking for the cheapest solution
phalexo
@phalexo
Mar 18 2018 20:31
Yes, everyone wants cheap, fast, good solutions. :-)
Adam Skrodzki
@adamskrodzki
Mar 18 2018 22:02
@Alexdolmat My price for Token + ICO
Is in range 2-10 ETH depending on complexity,
That includes:
Requirements analysis
Repository in github with Truffle project (contract + tests)
Test deployment,
Manual tests and confirmation about requirements
Any fixes after audit if present
Deployment on MainNet