These are chat archives for exceptionless/Discuss

Sep 2015
Sander Rijken
@srijken
Sep 12 2015 18:59
I don't think adding "template" to data exclusions is the best way to implement the final solution; it's only an issue in the thing that hooks the route provider for route changes, so that should be the place to fix it?
Blake Niemyjski
@niemyjski
Sep 12 2015 20:10
Yeah, I’m wondering if it would be best to include all that extra route information
might be a good idea to just include common properties off it or not include the additonal data
@srijken thoughts?
Sander Rijken
@srijken
Sep 12 2015 20:14
it's probably better to select the properties that need to be sent, instead of saying what should not be sent.. If something changes in angular / the implementation of the app, a similar problem might come back
Blake Niemyjski
@niemyjski
Sep 12 2015 20:14
yeah, I agree
I just included the whole object because I didn’t know what would be included and sometimes that could be helpful
I think we have a utils function that’s public that allows you to serialize an object with exclusions
that way we could include everything or just include the known properties
prob be less work to just do the known properties and keep our payloads smaller
if you want to make that change. I’ll accept the pull request
Sander Rijken
@srijken
Sep 12 2015 20:16
I'll start with the issue, and then see if I can find time somewhere
Blake Niemyjski
@niemyjski
Sep 12 2015 20:16
ok
Sander Rijken
@srijken
Sep 12 2015 20:16
I've been pulling my hairs on this one for a while now: guilhermegeek/angular-bootstrap-validation#1
Blake Niemyjski
@niemyjski
Sep 12 2015 20:17
or create the issue and I can always help if I get time
I’m working on performance of the site over the past two weeks.
it’s been unacceptable for us
Sander Rijken
@srijken
Sep 12 2015 20:17
good news :)
making foundatio much faster and more relaiable.. and all async
making exceptionless also fully async
@srijken NOOOO WAY
I love you
Sander Rijken
@srijken
Sep 12 2015 20:19
why is that? :)
Blake Niemyjski
@niemyjski
Sep 12 2015 20:20
angular/angular.js#12188
cause I logged an issue for a very very simular behavior and could never narrow it down
I just commented on that issue :)
Sander Rijken
@srijken
Sep 12 2015 20:20
the hasClass construction they use is buggy, when you type the first character, the validators haven't updates the classes yet. Forked that, and trying to include some other stuff as well.
Blake Niemyjski
@niemyjski
Sep 12 2015 20:22
nm might not be the same bug but looks like it.. in my case pristine wasn’t updated but same steps
mine happened when angular 1.3 was released then I started seeing this
Blake Niemyjski
@niemyjski
Sep 12 2015 20:23
seems like a bad way to check for dirty
they could just inject ngmodel
bbiab
Sander Rijken
@srijken
Sep 12 2015 20:23
changing now to something along these lines:
var formName = getParentFormName(input, $log);
function valid() { return !!scope[formName][input[0].name].$valid; }
I hate how much markup and checks you have to write to do angular/bootstrap validation
injecting ngModel is difficult as well, because you have to set the class on the form-group element that surrounds the input, and you want the validity details of the input element.
Blake Niemyjski
@niemyjski
Sep 12 2015 20:28
Sander Rijken
@srijken
Sep 12 2015 20:29
the dude that forked it added support for glyphicons inside the textboxes, which is a nice addition. I also kinda like this one http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14348384/reconcile-angular-js-and-bootstrap-form-validation-styling#answer-26422394
this is something that should be implemented in angular-ui :(