These are chat archives for fanout/pushpin

Nov 2018
Mohamed El-Feky
@reve99
Nov 29 2018 09:19
i just tried it, great work, but seems like i am missing something,
connection created successfully, i seem to publish messages to client through curl tool very well , but client is not able to send any data, always through an exception and closing the connection.
Can you check that
I tried sending text, json , tried to debug , every thing goes will tell the final reply statement
return reply(grip.encodeWebSocketEvents(allOutEvents)) .header('Sec-WebSocket-Extensions', 'grip; message-prefix=""') // this one is something used by GraphQL Subscriptions so I don't think you need that but // right now I don't remember. // .header('Sec-WebSocket-Protocol', 'graphql-ws') .type('application/websocket-events');
thanks in advance
Mohamed El-Feky
@reve99
Nov 29 2018 14:37
@jorgecuesta
Jorge S. Cuesta
@jorgecuesta
Nov 29 2018 14:42
Hi @reve99 I will try to test it but had a really crazy day, so, in some point of my day I will test it
Mohamed El-Feky
@reve99
Nov 29 2018 18:57
no worries , i am not in a big hurry , tyt
Adrian
@picarsite
Nov 29 2018 19:38
Hey, how do you scale Pushpin? I'm reading about kubernetes and I find this technology interessting. It is launching pots on multiple hosts. But as I understand, Pushpin can not communicate between other Pushpin instances, right? So, when my app is deployed on two host machines by kubernetes, the two apps / the two Pushpin instances can not talk together which means that users which are connected to Pushpin A (App A) can not be reached by my App B. Do I understand it right? Best regards.
Jorge S. Cuesta
@jorgecuesta
Nov 29 2018 19:40
I think you are right, last time I ask about that, the answer was to publish same message on any pushpin instance
Adrian
@picarsite
Nov 29 2018 19:50
Thank you for your answer. Yes, this seems to be a solution, didn't think about it. Can I just add multiple of them to the gripProxies property? expressGrip.configure({ gripProxies: [{control_uri: `http://${pushpinConfig.host}:${pushpinConfig.port}`, key: pushpinConfig.key}] });
Jorge S. Cuesta