These are chat archives for fiji/fiji

Apr 2016
Curtis Rueden
@ctrueden
Apr 20 2016 02:44
@bnorthan Would it make sense to put the notebooks into imagej-tutorials, scifio-tutorials, etc., as appropriate? Then we wouldn't need a new repo for each org.
Especially since as of now, the Scala notebook is really just a (fancier) port of an existing ImageJ tutorial. Keeping them together might (hopefully) help keep things in better sync.
I really like this idea. The only case I can imagine with notebooks not being appropriate for the tutorials repos is if the notebook is intended for something other than illustrating how to do stuff... like if they somehow start being used to do "real science" instead of training.
And in that case, we can create new repo(s) then, if it happens.
I'll try to be more responsive tomorrow so we can discuss further during work hours.
Kyle I S Harrington
@kephale
Apr 20 2016 15:28
is there a wiki page with a list of data types for @ annotations in scripts (looking for how to trigger a checkbox)?
Kyle I S Harrington
@kephale
Apr 20 2016 15:37
well it was kind of obvious as boolean, but it still might be useful to have a list of those data types (if one doesn't already exist, i couldnt find it via plugin pages on the wiki)
Kyle I S Harrington
@kephale
Apr 20 2016 15:54
and a related thing, if i'm developing a script that uses annotations to grab inputs and testing it out by coding it in a separate project by symlinking the script into plugins/Scripts, then I can test code logic changes because the script is reread from file on each call, but the annotations seem to get read at menu generation time, so i end up restarting Fiji if I modify the input annotations to the script
loving this way of writing scripts for the biologists though, just making observations about the process
Curtis Rueden
@ctrueden
Apr 20 2016 15:58
@kephale I made a short list in my workshop with @bnorthan in September: https://imagej.github.io/presentations/2015-09-04-imagej2-scripting/#/3/2
Please feel free to transcribe that onto the wiki! I suggest the script parameters page.
Kyle I S Harrington
@kephale
Apr 20 2016 15:58
Cool! thanks!!!
Curtis Rueden
@ctrueden
Apr 20 2016 15:59
Concrete classes that implement the org.scijava.widget.InputWidget interface will extend that though, of course.
Kyle I S Harrington
@kephale
Apr 20 2016 16:18
1 related question: is there a way to add a static text field via @ annotation? i.e. to provide some instructions that shouldn't appear in an editable text area
Richard Domander
@rimadoma
Apr 20 2016 16:19
@kephale use the option @Parameter(visibility = ItemVisibility.MESSAGE)
Kyle I S Harrington
@kephale
Apr 20 2016 16:20
@rimadoma awesome, thanks
Curtis Rueden
@ctrueden
Apr 20 2016 16:23
@kephale Why yes there is! Set the visibility to MESSAGE.
Oh sorry, I missed your reply, @rimadoma. Thanks.
Richard Domander
@rimadoma
Apr 20 2016 16:27
:+1:
To include more things closer to the WidgetDemo.java I linked above.
In particular, multiple choice widgets (since those work now), and the message visibility thing.
Kyle I S Harrington
@kephale
Apr 20 2016 16:35
zomg UIs are so easy now
done by lunchtime
Curtis Rueden
@ctrueden
Apr 20 2016 16:55
Woot! :sparkles:
Curtis Rueden
@ctrueden
Apr 20 2016 20:18
Jean-Yves Tinevez
@tinevez
Apr 20 2016 20:30
This wiki page just became realler
Ulrik Günther
@skalarproduktraum
Apr 20 2016 20:32
i like the testimonial part of that wiki page a lot :D
Jean-Yves Tinevez
@tinevez
Apr 20 2016 21:09
@ctrueden Continuing from the github issue: How can I have the System Information command from something I launched from Eclipse with a main() method?
Jean-Yves Tinevez
@tinevez
Apr 20 2016 21:32
There is a net.imagej.patcher.Debug, but I have an initialization error when I use it.
Ok signing off for today. See you!
Curtis Rueden
@ctrueden
Apr 20 2016 22:17
Sorry I missed you, @tinevez. The System Information command is part of scijava-plugins-commands IIRC. So just add a runtime dependency on that temporarily.