These are chat archives for fiji/fiji

Jun 2018
Varun Kapoor
@kapoorlab
Jun 14 2018 21:50
@hadim Do you want to collaborate on making automated curvature computer with polynomials? I saw your Kappa tool, pretty nice but still with manual intervention, I am currently having troubles with my fully automated one using polynomials: https://twitter.com/EntraCod/status/1007298543810473984, but if you having something to offer in this regard, I would be happy to have a chat about it. What do you think?
Hadrien Mary
@hadim
Jun 14 2018 22:59
Thank you for the proposal @kapoorlab. Long story short, this plugin has been sleeping in the lab for 7 years now and when I discovered that one year ago, I decided to revamp it a little bit and improve its integration to Fiji. We are going to post the associated paper soon to BioRxiv. That being said no one is actively using or working on it at the moment in the lab and I am afraid I don't have any time to work on it in the short term. But feel free to use or re-use whatever you want in the plugin. I'll let you know as soon as we post the paper.
Varun Kapoor
@kapoorlab
Jun 14 2018 23:05
@hadim thanks, then i can get inspired (borrow/ modify/ copy code) by the spline fits and incoroprate them as i think is necesary for the mpicbg ransac models need for getting revamped for this. Our mixed polynomial model alone is not enough, but i want to pose questions at algorithm level to be able to incorporate it in my code, so after i study your code i can still call you regarding how and why of it or should I ask someone else in your lab about it?
Hadrien Mary
@hadim
Jun 14 2018 23:06
I should be able to help you if needed.
Varun Kapoor
@kapoorlab
Jun 14 2018 23:12
thanks @hadim , i will contact you privately when needed, am also available for MTrack tool, which I am revamping now to be able for reuse for microtubule tracking for developers such as you, so if have any algorithmic questions about it, contact me at any hour.
Hadrien Mary
@hadim
Jun 14 2018 23:52
Actually, Gary and I will send you some comments about the paper soon.
The MTrack paper.
Varun Kapoor
@kapoorlab
Jun 14 2018 23:57
Oh, I am definately going to take my time out for that. It has been hard to focus on that given my new job etc till lately, but I will do my best to develop that more properly after your comments.