These are chat archives for fiji/fiji

Feb 2019
Deborah Schmidt
@frauzufall
Feb 26 16:53
I am getting a bunch of Javadoc errors on the latest travis build for my current updater branch imagej/imagej-updater#71 which I guess is triggered by me adding a few comments to new functions. It is rightfully complaining about missing Javadoc which was though never there to begin with. Any tips?
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.10.4:javadoc (default-cli) on project imagej-updater: An error has occurred in JavaDocs report generation:
[ERROR] Exit code: 1 - /home/travis/build/imagej/imagej-updater/src/main/java/net/imagej/updater/Uploader.java:60: warning: no @param for files
[ERROR]     void upload(List<Uploadable> files, List<String> locks) throws IOException;
[ERROR]          ^
[ERROR] /home/travis/build/imagej/imagej-updater/src/main/java/net/imagej/updater/Uploader.java:60: warning: no @param for locks
[ERROR]          ^
Curtis Rueden
@ctrueden
Feb 26 17:48
@frauzufall It’s confusing because only the javadoc error lines that say error: are actually breaking the build. The ones that say warning: are not failing the build, and in many cases were there before your changes.
So what I usually do is mvn javadoc:javadoc | grep 'error:'. And maybe also pipe it to a file so I don’t have to rerun it too frequently, since it’s slow.
Jan Eglinger
@imagejan
Feb 26 17:52
That's a common pattern: a single javadoc error leads to all previous [WARNING]s being [ERROR]s. Watch for the error:s towards the end of the lines.
All the other lines contain merely warnings, the prefix is misleading.
The only error is:
[ERROR] /home/travis/build/imagej/imagej-updater/src/main/java/net/imagej/updater/util/AvailableSites.java:227: error: unknown tag: TODO
[ERROR] * @TODO currently these sites are compared by name, in the future they will be compared by ID (not yet present)
Jan Eglinger
@imagejan
Feb 26 17:58
(sorry for the bad formatting, I'm on mobile)
(and sorry, @ctrueden's messages only got synced now, for me...)
Curtis Rueden
@ctrueden
Feb 26 18:22
Thanks @imagejan, you reply was still helpful, identifying the problematic line, which I didn’t do.
Deborah Schmidt
@frauzufall
Feb 26 19:36
@ctrueden @imagejan thank you for being both super helpful!! :)