These are chat archives for fossasia/open-event-server

Jul 2016
Avi Aryan
@aviaryan
Jul 19 2016 03:20
@aviaryan We talked last week about how to implement both internal links and external links to images in the JSON files. What is the progress here?
sorry for the late reply
@mariobehling I have started working on the export event zip with media feature. Regarding on how to implement both internal links and external links to media, I have posted here https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-orga-server/issues/1217#issuecomment-233519806
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Jul 19 2016 06:29
@aviaryan Thanks, please see my comment in the issue.
Avi Aryan
@aviaryan
Jul 19 2016 07:59
Aditya Vyas
@aditya1702
Jul 19 2016 11:30
@mariobehling I looked at the plugin pages at wordpress and the modules in Drupal but I am still a little confused as to how should I relate the ticketing, donation, and payment. I am thinking that we have services and for each service we can enable either ticketing, donation or module. Eg. Scheduling . Did I understand it correctly? Could you help in clarifying it please
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Jul 19 2016 11:41
@aditya1702 Let's start with ticketing. On the module page there is a table on the left in the table "Modules" and on the right "Status". Below that the word "Ticketing" and on the right a checkbox to enable or disable ticketing. If it is disabled, then on wizard step 1, there is not ticketing box (as it is now: no ticketing box).
Ticketing enabled -> all Ticketing Features show up and are enabled
Ticketing disabled -> no Ticketing Features show up and are disabled (like it is now)
Aditya Vyas
@aditya1702
Jul 19 2016 11:43
Ok
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Jul 19 2016 11:43
This is exactly, how Drupal deals with it. Not sure, what is unclear?
Aditya Vyas
@aditya1702
Jul 19 2016 11:43
Regarding the donations and payments?
Same as ticketing?
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Jul 19 2016 11:44
Yes, sure
but of course donations is dependent on "payments"
I can go very much into detail, but as a matter of fact, you just need to look at Drupal modules and follow it
Did you login to a Drupal demo and try this out?
Aditya Vyas
@aditya1702
Jul 19 2016 11:45
I didnt try the Drupal demo...I checked out its modules page
Andthe wordpress plugin page
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Jul 19 2016 11:46
not sure, what you mean by modules pages. If you dont login to Drupal you dont see the module features. I had hoped that you find out yourself how things work there.
I think I visited the wrong page :sweat_smile:
So right now I will implement the table and the ticketing part and then proceed to the payments and donations. Will try out the drupal demo and let u know if I have any doubts.
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Jul 19 2016 11:54
Thanks
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Jul 19 2016 12:00
@/all I still sometimes see that people merge their own commits. Please ensure all commits are peer-reviewed.
Saptak Sengupta
@aviaryan
Jul 19 2016 12:54
:+1:
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Jul 19 2016 15:13
@niranjan94 We have an important question about import/export here. Would be great to get your opinion fossasia/open-event-orga-server#1217
Niranjan Rajendran
@niranjan94
Jul 19 2016 15:14
I'll check it our right away
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Jul 19 2016 16:35
@aviaryan I think we are all on the same page now about exports. Please also take my last comment into account and open additional issues to make this happen as discussed: https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-orga-server/issues/1217#issuecomment-233672960
Saptak Sengupta
@SaptakS
Jul 19 2016 22:01
@mariobehling what do you think about the phone number as discussed here: