These are chat archives for fossasia/open-event-server

2nd
Mar 2017
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 08:44
Initially whenever I start the server using :
INTEGRATE_SOCKETIO=false celery worker -A app.celery in one tab and :
gunicorn app:app --worker-class eventlet -w 1 -b :5000 in another I get this at 127.0.0.1:5000
initially.png
Is the initialization process wrong or something else ?
blob
However after logging in I do get this page
Avi Aryan
@aviaryan
Mar 02 2017 08:50
@LuD1161 probably it will only work from localhost:5000 root and not 127.0.0.1 ..
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 08:53
Hope so..
@aviaryan There is one more error right now I'm facing
I get this after logging in
[2017-03-02 14:18:59 +0000] [20749] [ERROR] Error handling request /socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=websocket&sid=b6caf994894b4c49a8d2458c0a519560
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/workers/async.py", line 52, in handle
    self.handle_request(listener_name, req, client, addr)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/workers/async.py", line 112, in handle_request
    resp.close()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/http/wsgi.py", line 418, in close
    self.send_headers()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/http/wsgi.py", line 334, in send_headers
    tosend = self.default_headers()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/http/wsgi.py", line 315, in default_headers
    elif self.should_close():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/http/wsgi.py", line 238, in should_close
    if self.status_code < 200 or self.status_code in (204, 304):
AttributeError: 'Response' object has no attribute 'status_code'
Avi Aryan
@aviaryan
Mar 02 2017 08:53
issue with socketio, that won't cause a problem
you can set INTEGRATE_SOCKETIO=false to deactivate socketio and that might fix these errors
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 08:54
Yup , that's what I suppose
How do I verify the user to let him create event , I mean in the database I searched the user table but could only find the user 'root'
Avi Aryan
@aviaryan
Mar 02 2017 08:55
the user created when setting up the database is already verified I suppose
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 08:57
but what about new user ?
Avi Aryan
@aviaryan
Mar 02 2017 08:58
they will get verification email if sendgrid token is set
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 08:59
but locally which table do I need to look into for changing , so as to allow new users to create events ( I mean without sendgrid token )
Avi Aryan
@aviaryan
Mar 02 2017 08:59
user table
Mario Behling
@mariobehling
Mar 02 2017 09:00
you can set email delivery to SMTP in the admin settings and use a normal email account e.g. gmail
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 09:03
@aviaryan I did look into it but the new registered user is not being shown there ( in the oevent database )
blob
Cause I have forgotten the superadmin's password
so I created a new user
Avi Aryan
@aviaryan
Mar 02 2017 09:05
oh, that's not good. so it will be best if you drop the database and create it again. Also, you can use SMTP to send mails as @mariobehling pointed out .
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 09:08
@aviaryan but the new user I created is being saved somewhere, cause when I restarted the server I can still login
blob
These are all the databases in there
Avi Aryan
@aviaryan
Mar 02 2017 09:13
There is something about postgres that apart from the current user, it wont show all other users in the user table. I don't remember how I used to work around that.
Arpit Nandwani
@arpitn30
Mar 02 2017 10:43
Use Valentina Studio
Gui for databases
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 11:43
@arpitn30 Thanks a lot , it's working
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 16:40

A new problem when trying to create event speakers locally :

Exception on /events/2/sessions/create/ [POST]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1982, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1614, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask_restplus/api.py", line 557, in error_router
    return original_handler(e)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1517, in handle_user_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1612, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1598, in dispatch_request
    return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
  File "/root/open-event-orga-server/app/helpers/permission_decorators.py", line 160, in decorated_function
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/root/open-event-orga-server/app/views/users/sessions.py", line 68, in create_view
    DataManager.add_session_to_event(request, event_id, use_current_user=False)
  File "/root/open-event-orga-server/app/helpers/data.py", line 258, in add_session_to_event
    trigger_new_session_notifications(new_session.id, event=event)
  File "/root/open-event-orga-server/app/helpers/notification_email_triggers.py", line 17, in trigger_new_session_notifications
    event_id=event.id, session_id=session_id, _external=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/helpers.py", line 333, in url_for
    return appctx.app.handle_url_build_error(error, endpoint, values)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 1805, in handle_url_build_error
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/helpers.py", line 323, in url_for
    force_external=external)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/werkzeug/routing.py", line 1758, in build
    raise BuildError(endpoint, values, method, self)
BuildError: Could not build url for endpoint 'event_sessions.session_display_view' with values ['event_id']. Did you forget to specify values ['session_id']?

What session_id is it talking about ?

Also how do I add cost to a ticket and the booking page ?
Aseem Shrey
@LuD1161
Mar 02 2017 18:23
Paid-Option.png
@aviaryan I don't get this option on the offline server