These are chat archives for frictionlessdata/chat

27th
Mar 2016
Trickvi B10n
@trickvi
Mar 27 2016 11:49
Hey there, I just wanted to let you all know about the move of the datapackage python package from the original trickvi/datapackage to frictionlessdata/datapackage-py, commit history has already been merged into frictionlessdata/datapackage-py and we've opened up a ticket for the migration of tickets: trickvi/datapackage#70
After the relevant tickets have been migrated we'll update the pypi package with a new release pointing to the new repo
Paul Walsh
@pwalsh
Mar 27 2016 12:51
hey @trickvi great to see you here!
roll
@roll
Mar 27 2016 12:55
:+1:
Trickvi B10n
@trickvi
Mar 27 2016 15:13
Hey @pwalsh good to be here :smile:
@pwalsh I'll be sending a pull request to goodtables soon with a fix so that error messages in reports don't start index on 0 (make it possible to choose the phrase)
Trickvi B10n
@trickvi
Mar 27 2016 15:19
I'm thinking of two ways, fix the error message so that it does not include the row number i.e. "Row is empty" instead of "Row 0 is empty", or allow one to pass an option "row_index_start" so you can pass in "row_index_start=1" to make rows start from 1. I'm leaning toward the other one but I still like being able to see in the message where the error is (and we're already formatting other things) but then again the index is included in the report so maybe the other one is better
or we could just hardcode it to start from or generate based on index+1, but that seems like taking preference away from users
what do you think?
Paul Walsh
@pwalsh
Mar 27 2016 16:40
For starters, I think GoodTables, esp. That report stuff, needs a workover. For your PR, I'd lean for a simpler message, as you say, as the row index is in the report.