These are chat archives for frictionlessdata/chat

17th
Jul 2017
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Jul 17 2017 06:08

@pwalsh it looks like we have a few cases where json schemas and specs have got out of sync e.g. frictionlessdata/specs#490 - frictionlessdata/specs#493

Can we quickly check these together and resolve?

Philippe Rocca-Serra
@proccaserra
Jul 17 2017 10:54
Hello I am new to frictionless data, reading the documentation for creating data matrices for our project and am running in the following issue: i need an extensible date header, with a fixed set of fields (easily declared) but also a variable part which would follow a pattern and use references to other objects. Are there any example of such packages ? should i define a 'header' resource and point to it ? typically, my tables follow a predictable structure but the number of fields varies depending on the number of object references I make from the header. thx
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Jul 17 2017 12:06

@proccaserra welcome! :smile:

when are you generating your data header? Before or after you know how many remote resources you are referencing?

If before then for now the simplest thing would be a table schema with just the headers you know about and either nothign or some placeholders columns ...

Philippe Rocca-Serra
@proccaserra
Jul 17 2017 12:42
Hi @rufuspollock , thx! let's start with the easiest for now and assume we'll know before.
can the placeholders can be defined as ref_to_resource, and in more complex cases,with a pattern such as <ref_to_resource>[some keyword]<ref_to_resource>
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Jul 17 2017 17:22
@proccaserra there is no specific support for place holders but you could hack this in yourself byt setting those columns i guess.