These are chat archives for frictionlessdata/chat

19th
Jul 2017
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Jul 19 2017 06:17
@danielfireman take a look at this comment https://github.com/frictionlessdata/specs/issues/349#issuecomment-316283505 (and the overall thread) for discussion around strict typing for certain properties.
Daniel Fireman
@danielfireman
Jul 19 2017 11:03
Great discussion, @rufuspollock ! A lot of learning in there, actually. Thanks for pointing me to that. I've already taken a look at the one specific to primary and foreign keys, as well.
Georges L J Labrèche
@georgeslabreche_twitter
Jul 19 2017 11:36
So is there a general preference in how we want to ouput parsed data packages JSON? What kind of output would we want in Java? A generic <string, object> map, using something like Jackson parser, a JSONObject using org.json.*, or thorough object mapping by defining a bunch of POJOs and mapping them to our parser?
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Jul 19 2017 12:19
@georgeslabreche_twitter its been a while since i've done much Java. My answer would be: what would most consumers of that funciton want to do with a good dose of KISS (keep it simple ...)
Georges L J Labrèche
@georgeslabreche_twitter
Jul 19 2017 12:19
JSONObject it is, I guess! Unless someone comes up with serious objections
Daniel Fireman
@danielfireman
Jul 19 2017 12:20
@georgeslabreche_twitter Not sure about java nitty-gritty details anymore. But there is a discussion that might be useful frictionlessdata/tableschema-go#3
Georges L J Labrèche
@georgeslabreche_twitter
Jul 19 2017 18:19
Thank you for the input, guys.
Daniel Fireman
@danielfireman
Jul 19 2017 18:30
@georgeslabreche_twitter One more thing, the Go implementation can (strictly typed, like Java) be found here. The implementation still incomplete, but reading, parsing and validating a schema are already finished. Furthermore, please let me know if you have any comments or inputs at the Go implementation. That exchange would be great!
Georges L J Labrèche
@georgeslabreche_twitter
Jul 19 2017 18:33
Thanks for sharing!