These are chat archives for frictionlessdata/chat

1st
Aug 2017
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Aug 01 2017 07:10
@pwalsh wondering where things were with the metatab work - i'm very interested in having table schemas as tables (in spreadsheets). Where's the best place to look for this?
Paul Walsh
@pwalsh
Aug 01 2017 07:18
@rufuspollock I'm not sure. I have not been in contact with Eric since csv,conf. @danfowler may have been, but he is off work at present. @jobarratt can you check?
jobarratt
@jobarratt
Aug 01 2017 07:23
@rufuspollock i don't have an update on this either, but am following up
Rafael Pereira
@rflprr
Aug 01 2017 12:06
@pwalsh @rufuspollock I am curious about v1. We have been waiting for an official release for a few months now. What's that looking like?
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Aug 01 2017 12:08

@rflprr first, let me acknowledge that this has over-run -- not for any big reason. Primarily, issue of coordinating between the specs and the tooling and also seeing people raise (useful) but last minute items.

To address timing: v1.0 milestone is here https://github.com/frictionlessdata/specs/milestone/1 and it is basically there (2 of those items are non substantive and the other 2 are very minor).

I think @pwalsh can speak best to exact timing but safe to say very soon.

Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Aug 01 2017 12:26
Note for implementors: I just fixed one minor bug in the schema related to sources property where we had an out of date required (required uri property that no longer exists). I also corrected homepage in json schema to be simple uri rather than an object (again in line with the specs).
Daniel Fireman
@danielfireman
Aug 01 2017 12:27
@rufuspollock ack
Rafael Pereira
@rflprr
Aug 01 2017 13:15
Thank you @rufuspollock. @pwalsh, it would also be useful to know what the roadmap looks like for tools and libraries. A comprehensive status page of sorts, that we can refer to over time and get a sense for where things stand with respect to v1.
Paul Walsh
@pwalsh
Aug 01 2017 13:59
@rflprr we've landed all the changes for v1 now. The two issues @rufuspollock referred to above, I just pushed to v1.1 as they are not trivial. Can you tell me exactly which tools and libraries you are interested in? I agree that a comprehensive status page would be great, but it is not likely to happen in the near future to be honest. We'd welcome contributions to build something like this though!
Stephen Gates
@Stephen-Gates
Aug 01 2017 21:00
To capture part of @rflprr suggestion, I've added frictionlessdata/frictionlessdata.io#135. Perhaps the milestones can be edited to provide a view of what's coming https://github.com/frictionlessdata/specs/milestones