These are chat archives for frictionlessdata/chat

4th
Nov 2017
Jeremy Palmer
@palmerj
Nov 04 2017 21:03
Hi All!
I was wondering what it would take to be involved in the next development of the specifications. In particular for the Tabular Data Package
For the Data Service that we manage we have been looking for a standard way of better describing CSV metadata and the package schema defined here looks great.
The main issue is added full spatial data type support
Jeremy Palmer
@palmerj
Nov 04 2017 21:08
At the moment points and GeoJSON support is there in a basic format, but issues like spatial extent of dataset, spatial reference system and vector geometry type (e.g polygon, point, linestring) need to be added to the schema to make the schema work properly in the geospatial world
Thanks!
Stephen Gates
@Stephen-Gates
Nov 04 2017 21:55
Hi @palmerj, It's great that your keen to contribute to the spatial aspects of Data Packages. I started contributing by commenting or raising issues on github, discussions on the forum or here. I wrote this guide to try progress spatial data in packages. You may be interested in frictionlessdata/specs#86
Stephen Gates
@Stephen-Gates
Nov 04 2017 23:05
Given @palmerj's question about contributing, I notice that many frictionless data repositories don't have the recommended community files. In a the yet to be accepted PR okfn/licenses#57 I added a code of conduct, contributing, and other community files. Is it appropriate to add these to the repo or are there standard templates to apply to OK repositories?