These are chat archives for frictionlessdata/chat

28th
Dec 2017
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Dec 28 2017 10:57

Interested in a good tables in javascript?

I'd like to know if there is anyone else interested in a goodtables style library in pure javascript.

:thumbsup: if you are interested.

Note: We already have the start of this in the tableschema-js here and the work would involve splitting this out and making its reporting compatible with current goodtables python implementation.

Eoghan Ó Carragáin
@eocarragain
Dec 28 2017 11:16
Hi @rufuspollock @danfowler. I'm putting in a proposal for a Research Data Alliance bird of a feather session to look at the various approaches to packaging research data. Here is a list of packaging specifications I've identified which obviously includes frictionless data: https://docs.google.com/document/d/155lA2BcixTl-zwJHGfLkxsmg7WmQbBK00QWyP8QggkE/edit
The deadline for the RDA BoF is today. Here is my draft proposal. Sorry for not getting in touch about this earlier & I don't expect anyone to read it today! However, if the session is accepted, it would be great to have somebody present or speak to the frictionless data specs. I'm also hoping somebody from the ResarchObjects projects and others may be available
cheers
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Dec 28 2017 11:19
@eocarragain that sounds great!
Eoghan Ó Carragáin
@eocarragain
Dec 28 2017 11:19
@rufuspollock great! will let you know how the submission goes.
Jared
@jungshadow
Dec 28 2017 18:23

@jungshadow we'll probably be able to look at this properly early in the new year (i.e. late next week). hope that works :-)

Perfect, @rufuspollock! Apologies if I was being overbearing about the issue. I wasn’t sure when or how issues are queued for assessment and may have let my unfounded expectations get the best of me :) Again, appreciate all @roll’s help and appreciate the consideration on the potential modification. Happy holidays and all the best in the new year!

Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Dec 28 2017 20:40
@jungshadow not all -- thank-you for prompting :-)
Stephen Gates
@Stephen-Gates
Dec 28 2017 21:10
@rufuspollock :+1: to goodtables.js. I can see plenty of uses for the library in Data Curator. Top ones being providing a data quality report within the Data Package and allowing advanced data validation checks.