These are chat archives for frictionlessdata/chat

31st
Dec 2017
Stephen Gates
@Stephen-Gates
Dec 31 2017 00:01

this year was absolutely stellar for the whole Frictionless Data community.

@roll - I 100% agree and I'm looking forward to contributing in 2018.

Have you eliminated the idea of having goodtables-py/CLI as a backend for goodtables-js - frictionlessdata/goodtables-js#19

@roll I haven't eliminated this idea as we're not planning to implement data quality reports or advanced tests in Data Curator 2.0. I'd love to implement those features however our sponsor has other priorities for the first half of 2018.

Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Dec 31 2017 09:00

Last but not least I wish everyone Happy Merry Christmas (retrospectively=) and Happy New Year! I would say this year was absolutely stellar for the whole Frictionless Data community. The movement have finished the specs-v1 and implemented it for 9(!!!) languages. There are now goodtables.io stack, new-brand datahub.io, awesome projects like Data Curator and much more. It's really great to be a part of this project and community. :tada: :sparkles: :+1:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Happy Christmas and New Year everyone!

Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Dec 31 2017 09:09

@Stephen-Gates @roll i've booted an issue about test and exemplar data packages here frictionlessdata/implementations#28

@Stephen-Gates would you be up for contributing on this -- and anyone else out there :-)

Stephen Gates
@Stephen-Gates
Dec 31 2017 09:13
@rufuspollock happy to contribute with some guidance on what’s needed. E.g. test for each data type, format, constraint, ...
Rufus Pollock
@rufuspollock
Dec 31 2017 10:44
@Stephen-Gates that would be great - can you start commenting on the issue. Also if you know any locations of existing test data it would be great to list them.
Slythfox
@slythfox
Dec 31 2017 20:17
Hi! I'm new here. I've been working independently on a Swift implementation of data package, tabular data package, and table schema. I presently have a draft implementation which is now in use in a shipping product. I would like to contribute (or collaborate with) this code if deemed suitable when I've reached a critical milestone. I had hoped I would reach that milestone by the end of the year but there's still much to do. Indeed, the present state of Swift creates some challenges for bonafide libraries. So, here’s to the gregorian new year!
Stephen Gates
@Stephen-Gates
Dec 31 2017 20:30
@slythfox that sounds really interesting. What does your shipping product do with data packages? I’m sure others here can help you contribute. Happy New Year!