These are chat archives for frictionlessdata/chat

3rd
Mar 2018
Kim Alexander
@KimAle_twitter
Mar 03 2018 03:38
@rufuspollock ty i've been up the mountain, but I'm back now. :-)
Stephen Gates
@Stephen-Gates
Mar 03 2018 10:53
I’m wondering about the validity of packaging a text file using Frictionless Data. There’s a data package in frictionlessdata/example-data-packages but I don’t see the point of this example - see frictionlessdata/example-data-packages#21 Any thoughts?
Kim Alexander
@KimAle_twitter
Mar 03 2018 12:30
just to share i created a tabular data package of a range of data from a excel xlsx file. and the premise held true. once in that format it was much simpler to read for etl (ssis) than plain csv or excel as a datasource.
i'd be curious the ways this could be done, but for this xlwings worked well along with pandas to transpose row\cols and used infer to create a schema from the csv saved from pandas.
Kim Alexander
@KimAle_twitter
Mar 03 2018 12:39
all in all like 20 lins of code . and I saw alot of other options like goodtables cli -infer and some exciting other future things that look really interesting. like pipelines, and join and of already mentioned goodtables lots to look fwd to and a mountain of code and features! so Thanks All.
Kim Alexander
@KimAle_twitter
Mar 03 2018 12:46
was this the best way? Idk, but if ne1 has another way pls let me knw and yes of course data curator for gui import schema creation. I looked at it for this and really liked it's features.
Kim Alexander
@KimAle_twitter
Mar 03 2018 12:52
oh and 1 more thing it was alot to get thru being new to all this, but the great code, leaders and members here helped. i'm amazed how much value the projects created.