These are chat archives for getredash/redash

21st
Mar 2016
Mariusz Litwin
@mariuszlitwin
Mar 21 2016 02:57
Ok, there is some sick hour here, but I think that I found proper options. Thank you :)
Arik Fraimovich
@arikfr
Mar 21 2016 07:15

@mariuszlitwin in version 0.9.2, to enable Google OAuth you need to setup the Google API key & define a domain. Once you define a domain, every use from this domain will be allowed to access. You can change the default group to have no permissions, and add users manually to the group with the permissions.

Another option is to upgrade to 0.10.0 (not final release), and then you can use Google OAuth without setting up a domain, and only user you select to add to your Re:dash instance will have access.

Mariusz Litwin
@mariuszlitwin
Mar 21 2016 07:57
@arikfr Cool, thank you. I will check release notes.
Alex Sukstansky
@alexsukstansky
Mar 21 2016 14:28
Hi. Is it possible that one of AWS ami has older version? I deployed on in "oregon" region and it doesn't have some options that your "demo" has
Like pivot tables
There is no "Pivot table" visualization type,
Arik Fraimovich
@arikfr
Mar 21 2016 14:29
@alexsukstansky yes, the AMI is still for 0.9.1 while the demo runs newer versions.
@alexsukstansky see documentation for the upgrade process
Alex Sukstansky
@alexsukstansky
Mar 21 2016 14:30
Oh, thanks!
Alex Sukstansky
@alexsukstansky
Mar 21 2016 15:24
Trying to upgrade using mentioned instructions - script keeps asking for user password even if I provide ppk key (-i/path/keyname.ppk)
Arik Fraimovich
@arikfr
Mar 21 2016 15:27
@alexsukstansky are you running it from your machine or the redash one?
Alex Sukstansky
@alexsukstansky
Mar 21 2016 15:30
Redash one, but I think there was a problem with my ssh settings. Anyway it worked
But thanks again for response!
Mariusz Litwin
@mariuszlitwin
Mar 21 2016 17:03
@arikfr Have you encountered situation where you can't manage groups in 0.10.0? I mean adding users and data sources is impossible, because after browser refresh my group is empty again.
I think that it is somewhat related to lack of proper permissions for redash user in psql.
Mariusz Litwin
@mariuszlitwin
Mar 21 2016 17:21
After granting all privileges to redash in psql groups started working, but I'm not sure if it's because my intervention or maybe redash just need some time
Kumar Vora
@vorakumar
Mar 21 2016 22:13
For production setup, should I be running Redis and Postgres on different boxes?