These are chat archives for getredash/redash

Nov 2016
Josh Cody
@joshcody_twitter
Nov 18 2016 00:52
is there anyone in here that can assist with the help document I posted a while back?
vladimir-spintech
@vladimir-spintech
Nov 18 2016 05:06
Hi! The app is great and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks to all the devs! One thing I can't figure out, after installation with Provisioning Script it looks like I'm missing some chart types, Sankey for example. v. 0.11.1.b2095. If somebody could point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.
Andre Greeff
@ZaLiTHkA
Nov 18 2016 06:07
@hamishdickson, looks like the feature you're talking about is still in development, so you might need to install the 0.12.0-RC version to use it. Looking in the 0.11.1-b2095 version that I have deployed, "Query Results (Alpha)" does not appear in the list of available data sources..
Arik Fraimovich
@arikfr
Nov 18 2016 16:27
@joshcody_twitter sorry for the confusion here, but right now this data source is only available in the hosted version. I just didn't have the time to open source it proper, as I've been trying to push out the frontend rewrite asap getredash/redash#1376
@vladimir-spintech this is part of 0.12, which will be released in the next days.
vladimir-spintech
@vladimir-spintech
Nov 18 2016 16:37
@arikfr Thank you for the quick response!
Allen Short
@washort
Nov 18 2016 16:48
@arikfr btw i'm having a look at converting redash to sqlalchemy now
Arik Fraimovich
@arikfr
Nov 18 2016 16:53
@washort I will be forever grateful. :) even if you do part of the work, that will be a great starting point, on which we can collaborate.
Allen Short
@washort
Nov 18 2016 16:55
Sure. I'm going to try to get it to work with the existing schema, and we can see about possible improvements from there
in particular I think switching from the "generic foreign key" approach used for AccessPermission/Change to bridge tables would be an improvement
Arik Fraimovich
@arikfr
Nov 18 2016 17:14
why?
Allen Short
@washort
Nov 18 2016 17:21
Simpler, code-wise -- and it means an actual foreign-key constraint can be used for those relations
Arik Fraimovich
@arikfr
Nov 18 2016 20:19
I'm not sure if it's simpler code-wise, as you need to use the bridge table everywhere. But anyway, agree that it's better to switch first with the same schema and after to start implementing changes/improvements.