These are chat archives for graphql-java/graphql-java

May 2017
Maximilian Vogel
@muetzerich
May 16 2017 11:33
@kaqqao @bbakerman thank you for the hints!
Adam Fiebig
@fiebiga
May 16 2017 17:56
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone might have some insights or examples on using graphql-java-tools and graphql-java-annotations together with the star wars example... basically I'm looking to eliminate swapi.graphqls resource file from the java-tools example library and I'm finding it difficult to see how that'd be done with the documentation currently available on annotations
Bojan Tomić
@kaqqao
May 16 2017 20:47
I need help setting up GraphiQL... somehow my schema is always null :( Anyone managed to set it up correctly?
Bojan Tomić
@kaqqao
May 16 2017 21:07
Should graphal-java work with GraphiQL?
Ryan Gardner
@ryangardner
May 16 2017 21:07
yes, it does
you may have to pass in an empty set of query variables “{}” if you are running a query that doesn’t use variables
Bojan Tomić
@kaqqao
May 16 2017 21:08
the queries are working fine, it's the schema browser that is broken...
claims I have no schema. The inline comment in graphiql says that happens if introspection fails
but I see the introspection query returning just fine
does schema browser work for you?
Ryan Gardner
@ryangardner
May 16 2017 21:08
Yeah, it does
sometimes I have to refresh things in graphiql to get it to have the docs come up in docs panel
Bojan Tomić
@kaqqao
May 16 2017 21:18
the plot thickens :) I was debugging GraphiQL and got to the point where it expects result.data to exists, while for me result object only has property __schema, not data
maybe I'm not sending the response the way it expects
could you please share your web layer? specifically, how do you send responses back?
Bojan Tomić
@kaqqao
May 16 2017 21:32
yup, that was it :) I was sending back just the raw response data, instead of the entire reponse object
all good now
Daniel Ocampo
@danielocampo2
May 16 2017 21:43
@fiebiga I would like to do the same, it'd be nice to have the schema written with that format but the generated code to be with annotations. I don't know if that's even possible...