These are chat archives for ipython/ipython

Feb 2016
epifanio
@epifanio
Feb 29 2016 01:10
guys, do you know where/how to signal bugs to the github rendering system for the notebooks?
the latex rendering is actually broken, I understand that depend on github .. perhaps they need to update theyr nbviewer/nbconver based code …
but I have no idea on where to open an issue
epifanio
@epifanio
Feb 29 2016 01:25
i guess is the same issue jupyter/nbviewer#452
Min RK
@minrk
Feb 29 2016 07:31
Use GitHub support to report issues on GitHub things. I believe it's only Firefox that is affected.
epifanio
@epifanio
Feb 29 2016 08:01
the issue 452 is slightly different, I noticed a not perfect rendering also on chrome, e.g: github vs nbviewer note the vertical line at the end of each latex expression
Min RK
@minrk
Feb 29 2016 08:03
The vertical line is fixed in MathJax 2.6. They probably have it pinned to 2.5 (same as live notebook 4.1).
epifanio
@epifanio
Feb 29 2016 08:11
I see, so it is known. i’ll report here: https://github.com/contact . I’ll also add a comment about images … they are not rendered when using, in markdown, direct path to a file (eg.: png on the same repository) while it works on nbviewer. Images are render only if in urls github vs nbviewer
epifanio
@epifanio
Feb 29 2016 08:17
I sent it, the png rendering I think is important to have it fixed on their side
thejivester
@thejivester
Feb 29 2016 16:28

Hello! Can anyone tell me how can I make this python script ignore DS store files... very silly issue. I have this function, I've googled but I don't know where to put the code in my current function. Thank you!

def list_files(dir):
r = []
subdirs = [x[0] for x in os.walk(dir)]
for subdir in subdirs:
files = os.walk(subdir).next()2
if (len(files) > 0):
for file in files:
r.append(subdir + "/" + file)
return r

the_list = list_files(file_rep)

Adriano
@rsvp
Feb 29 2016 17:10
@epifanio Re: how to signal bugs to the github rendering system for the notebooks? It's odd how GitHub's own issues are handled, e.g. the difficulty of even finding the internal developers for the rendering. Apparently it's closed source. So elementary stuff, e.g. italics and bold, are sometimes broken -- which makes a panda very sad.
epifanio
@epifanio
Feb 29 2016 17:32
@rsvp this the reply from customer support:
Hi epifanio,

We use open source TextMate-style language grammars for syntax highlighting, which are available here:

The fastest way to get this fixed would be to find the issue tracker for the specific grammar and open an issue or contribute a fix there.

Linguist pulls in grammar updates with each new release, which usually happens every couple of weeks. This should get fixed on GitHub.com shortly after that happens.

Regards,
I’ve been on grammars.yml but I wasn’t able to find the correct grammar file to render python-notebooks (the issue happens in markdown cells, so I don’t know where to look for it)
i replied withthe text above …
Adriano
@rsvp
Feb 29 2016 19:02
@epifanio The term "ipynb" only appears once in the entire linguist repo (in languages.yaml), and there is no test coverage for rendering notebooks. So not sure if GitHub understood your issue correctly. The lead developer @josh, josh@joshpeek.com, may be able to direct you to the source.
epifanio
@epifanio
Feb 29 2016 19:15
@rsvp thanks! I had the same feeling ... my question was not understood .. I'll mail @josh