These are chat archives for jadjoubran/laravel5-angular-material-starter

Mar 2016
Jad Joubran
@jadjoubran
Mar 06 2016 13:04
oh @intrepido EcmaScript 6 is transpiled to EcmaScript 5 code by gulp..
but thanks for mentioning that, I'll make it clearer in the readme
Anton Komarev
@a-komarev
Mar 06 2016 20:52
Ohai! :} @jadjoubran thanks for improving an appliction. 3.1 is much easier and cleaner now.
Whats your plans about auth scaffolding, will it use satellizer for not?
Jad Joubran
@jadjoubran
Mar 06 2016 21:01
Hi @a-komarev I honestly haven't thought about it.. but it seems that everyone's weighing in in favor of satellizer
do you have a minute to chat so I can tell you my point of view and then you can tell me why satellizer would be a great fit? I'm sure there's a reason why everyone has been suggesting it
Anton Komarev
@a-komarev
Mar 06 2016 21:02
Of course
Jad Joubran
@jadjoubran
Mar 06 2016 21:04
Okay so for me, the user case of Satellizer was just to save the authentication token in localstorage so that it can be re-used later on.. I got this from a tutorial last year
so can you tell me what it can be used for?
Anton Komarev
@a-komarev
Mar 06 2016 21:07
I like it because it's a solution out of the box. Email registration\authorization + any oAuth providers support.
If it wouldn't be included in main application build there will be good to have some instructions how to integrate it. Because I'm sure a lot of people in AngularJS community uses it.
Jad Joubran
@jadjoubran
Mar 06 2016 21:10
but I think we should keep oAuth out of the discussion no?
Here's how I see it:
1) This starter project is meant to make it easier for you to authenticate from your front-end to the back-end. this is a functionality that ~90% of users will use.
2) if anyone needs oAuth then satellizer is definitely the way to go, and installing it just as simple as installing any other angular module. But yes you're right we could add a recipe on adding satellizer
So how do you think satellizer can contribute to point number 1? if there are strong points here then it should definitely be considered
Anton Komarev
@a-komarev
Mar 06 2016 21:19
I've found satellizer not long time ago, and still trying to test it in my sandbox, so I'm afraid I can't tell you a lot of benefits of it. I think the most important thing that it's documented and covered with tests package which widely supported by community and all it's issues will be isolated there.
Jad Joubran
@jadjoubran
Mar 06 2016 21:24
okay
I'll have a deeper look at that
if anyone has suggestions, please feel free to reply here