These are chat archives for jdubray/sam

21st
May 2016
Stardrive Engineering
@HighOnDrive
May 21 2016 01:50

"This obsession to separate effects from the logic seems to require a lot of energy for no real purpose (even though it is logically correct). This is the image I have of Cycle.js and Redux-Loop (see above)..."

The statement you made (quoted above) and subsequent discussion are bang on IMHO. I've been tip toeing into Vue.js and it is like the complete opposite of Cycle.js. By opposite I mean Vue has it together, it's what you need to build apps and data is central.

I really can not help but sigh when I think of Cycle.js these days. Just glad to be past that dark age phase, maybe Vue2 can show me the light I seek. Well, just exploring how it might yet dovetail with my reactive flow now. There is good RxJS integration via vue-rx too.

The Elm video is also interesting. I met a diligent programmer/lawyer at a local Starbucks just after my clash with Cycle.js who was very into Elm. Then I met him again recently and he is now into PureScript and converting all the Elm libraries into PureScript. We live in interesting times :smile:

Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
May 21 2016 02:14
@HighOnDrive Tom, I know I have my style of "communicating", but the last thing I want to do drive people in the wrong direction, we all get hurt when that happens. I am not selling anything, I just feel that as Front-End Architecture is transitioning to a new model, we ought to be open to any possible question, precisely because of the cost of backing up a particular approach. I know devs like herds and cults, but I don't belong to any. Again, I make no statement about being right, but I really want to convince people that I am open and happy to point out when I am wrong.
weepy
@weepy
May 21 2016 02:16
I
Stardrive Engineering
@HighOnDrive
May 21 2016 04:03
@jdubray For sure, I'm not afraid to make my own statements and I like your hangout, always interesting. In the end I have a business plan that needs to be fully implemented (not stalled or distracted from) and so having mature building blocks to work with is just what the plan demands :fire:
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
May 21 2016 14:06
yes, I think that the kind of things we all need! feel free to throw questions and concerns .
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
May 21 2016 14:47
There is a great discussion going on with @dagatsoin in the https://gitter.im/jdubray/sam-actions room